JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

macro questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
just4fn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

done Deal- it wasnt very hard to get the lcd name on the remote
another question.

Can I set up to have the light turn on when changing devices on the remote?

I have tried with no avail- If I was an expert I would say it couldn't be done. But I'm not so it probably can.

Thanks, Doug

Last edited by just4fn on Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:26 am; edited 2 times in total
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see in the 8811 version 3 extender there is a "Light" button which is in the group of buttons called "Other" .. this may not be the case in your extender. If this button is included in each of your device key macros it might work. Or, more likely it might just toggle the state of the light so that each time you press a device key the light either goes on or off. If this latter case is true I wonder if you can set up a macro on a phantom key using toadtog to create a virtual discrete on macro and include this in your device key macro.

Ok, now it is time for the experts to inform me that I am a complete idiot and they will tell you the right way to approach this problem Razz
JP1Files
just4fn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt understand a word you wrote- Looks like I'm the complete idiot
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check keycodes.htm (it is a file that came with your extender) for an entry called {Light} which is hexcode=29, shiftcode=A9, xshiftcode=E9 (at least these are the values for the 15-2117extender2 that you are using).

So I believe that if you add an entry in the macro that sits on each of your device keys that says {Light), or even $29, perhaps this will turn the light on, or perhaps it will instead toggle the state of the light.

My vote would be to add "{Light};" to the start of one of your macros just to see what happens.

I also would be interested in what the experts have to say!
JP1Files
vasqued2
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In version 1 of the extender, you should be able to put {Light} in a macro and have it toggle.

In version 2 of the extender, I removed this specific functionality to save space. Believe it or not, making this slight space saving adjustment allowed me to restructure the code to provide another 49 bytes of Keymove space. In the end, I decided most people would prefer the extra 49 bytes of Keymove/Macro space over this functionality.

If you want to make this trade-off, the changes aren't really that significant IF you understand assembler and how extenders are structured. If you read through the source, you'll see that I left the original code in place and just commented it out. It's just a matter of swapping the commented code in a couple locations and adjusting the .RDF file. This is definitely not something for a beginner, though.

Also, I saw some nice comments about the 2116 extender above. Thanks! But, it's safe to say that without John and Hal's earlier work on which it was based, there would be no 2116 extender. Credit where credit is due.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: