JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

That darned SLEEP key

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revelator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: That darned SLEEP key Reply with quote

I have the TV device on my RS 15-2104 set to 0017 for my Zenith TV. (You can stop laughing now.) The SLEEP key for the TV (EFC: 050) works properly.

I want to KeyMove the Sleep button to my Cable (0877) Device. When I did this, it didn't work.... instead it seems to perfom some sort built in function. After the first press, the light flashes once... the seconds press it flashes twice, etc.

In IR.exe, the Sleep Status is set to Use Native. Is that right?

Is there a way I can get Cable's SLEEP to send the same signal as TV's SLEEP?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sleep button in the 2104 is handled as a special case and can only be programmed as part of a device upgrade IIRC. I think if you use an upgrade for Cable/0877 that contains a function assigned to it, you can then key move something to it from another device. This restriction doesn't apply if using the 2104 extender.
Revelator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2104 Extender says this in the ReadMe:

"No Learned signal support."

What does that mean? I can't have any learned signals stored?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revelator wrote:
I can't have any learned signals stored?

Correct. The extender eliminates the ability to learn or use learned signals. The learning memory area in the extnder is allocated to making the Key Move and Upgrade areas larger.

All is not lost, however. If you save an image of the 2104 before installing the extender, and save your extender image, you can always load the standard version (or just reset the remote), learn what you need, and then decode it to build an upgrade or create key moves. Then you add the new stuff to your extender configuration, reload it to the remote, and away you go!

FYI, I've been using the 2104 extender since it was released, and will never use the remote unextended... it's that good! It represent's some of John's best work (his 881x/801x/601x extender is even better).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: