JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

beginner with RCA VH915 AV switchbox remote
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: beginner with RCA VH915 AV switchbox remote Reply with quote

Hi,
I've got a question. I have an RCA VH915 remote operated switchbox, and I'm trying to find the codes for the remote. The remote itself has no 6 pin port to connect to . Any ideas?

Thanks,
HJ
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone here has such a device and knows the codes then great but it is more likely that you're pretty much on your own with this one which means getting your paws on a remote that is JP1-conpatable,
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a device upgrade for the RCA VH915. What remote are you trying to use to control the RCA VH915?
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: beginner with RCA VH915 AV switchbox remote Reply with quote

HJ wrote:
Hi, I've got a question. I have an RCA VH915 remote operated switchbox, and I'm trying to find the codes for the remote. The remote itself has no 6 pin port to connect to . Any ideas?

Are you trying to program a JP1 remote to control this box or are you trying to re-program the remote that came with the box? If it's the former, try the upgrade in the file section. If it's the latter, unless you have some reason to believe that this is a JP1 compatible UEI remote, there's nothing we can do here.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these and the upgrade in the file section works perfectly. The remote is definitely not a JP1 remote. I wonder if the poster is looking for a built-in code to run it since he posted in the non-JP1 forum.
HJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: For a Slingbox Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. I am trying to program a slingbox to control this device. I actually think I've found the codes:

900A 006D 0000 0001 00FF 14EB

900A 006D 0000 0001 00FF 04FB

900A 006D 0000 0001 00FF 18E7

900A 006D 0000 0001 00FF 00FF

these are for the four buttons (inputs). Now, if I can figure out where to apply them.

HJ
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would only need codes like that if we didn't already know what the signals look like, but as you can see, we have a tested working upgrade available for this device already.
HJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: thanks Robman Reply with quote

Robman,
thanks again, but I've got a really simple question, I've got the file (which is a text document), but what do I do with it?

HJ
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks Robman Reply with quote

HJ wrote:
Robman, thanks again, but I've got a really simple question, I've got the file (which is a text document), but what do I do with it? HJ

Go to the top of the Slingbox forum here at hifi-remote.com and click on the sticky thread called "Using JP1 with the Slingbox". There is a link in that thread to an article that I wrote for the Sling Community that describes everything that you need to do.

It involves using the RM program, so you will also want to read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm.shtml
HJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: so close Reply with quote

Well, I'm working on it, but I guess there's something I'm just not getting. I don't mean to exaspirate you with there questions, but I've read the two articles and, its just not working. I opened the RM program and used the 'slingbox with PL chip' for my remote. I then opened the file 'Rca VH915 AV Switch', then I found the device tab andput in Video Acc, the setup code says 0915 (I don't know how to change ubttons around, but only need 4 function keys). I then exported the binary file to the SABV folder in my sling player directory and saved it there. I then found and opened the "SABV.cfg file with notepad, but did not see my device type (Im not sure what to look for)l. Ropbman, I feel like I'm sooo close, but I'm just not getting something here. Can you help me? Please don't be frustrated.

HJ
HJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman,
last thing. Its 2:30 a.m. EST so forgive me if I'm rambling, but, I noticed when looking into the device upgrade file for the VH915, there isnt much in it as compared to other files (such as the X10 simple). I see nothing uner the 'function' tab at all, Should there be something there? I have followed the instructions exactly multiple times, but I cannot get my unit to respond to the 'power' command (setup in slingbox). Everything elso looks pretty good. Could it be that the file is somehow corrupt?

HJ

p.s.--Thank you.
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its in the way rm is converting the txt file for you. Try this bin file so we can see.
HJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: bin file Reply with quote

Whompus, I appreciate you input. I improted the bin file you suggested and uploaded it to the slingbox SBAV directory, then I went to the setup and chose other device and the vh915. It gives me 4 codes, none of which will work to turn off the power to my device after putting the IR cables directly over the remote sensor. Did I do everything right? I'm not sure what you mean by the rm program not converting the bin file?, but I'll take any suggestions. I do not write code by trade and am a little out of my league here.

HJ

Thanks for all your help.
HJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Is the VH915 an RM file? Reply with quote

Also, I noticed that when in RM and I go to open the original hv915 file, it is a KM file, not an RM file. Could this be the problem. I'm currently tackling trying to get KM to work, but I've got to find the 'analysis toolpak'. Any suggestions?

HJ
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've discovered a bug in RM's support for importing KM upgrade files. This has been fixed in RM v1.46
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: