JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can I pass a parameter to a macro?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyInNYC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Can I pass a parameter to a macro? Reply with quote

I have a Sony TV with 7 inputs. Is it possible to use a button (like the Swap button on my 6131) followed by a number to select that input?

I think I can use the discrete's correctly to select video4 for a DVD, but for switching around, i don't want to need to hit the TV/Video button 7 times to move from cable to Sat.

For extra credit, does anyone have a fully loaded file yet for the Sony A10's? <g>

Thanks

Andrew
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your TV supports discrete codes for all the inputs (some Sony TVs support some discrete input codes, but not all of the inputs), you could either program the codes to buttons as part of an upgrade or via keymoves.

If you want to be able to press a button and then a numeric button to select the inputs, you could program the discrete codes as keymoves to the shifted numeric buttons.

To access functions on shifted numeric buttons, you need to press the SET button twice. If you'd rather press the SWAP button once, you could program a macro to the SWAP button that contains 2 presses of SET.

This macro would be active in all device modes. If you only want it active in TV mode, you could program it as a DSM (Device Specific Macro).
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this KeymapMaster file I use:
http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8301

Most codes are the same across models, although names may vary a bit. The codes for vid1-6 are basic Sony EFC's. Vid7 uses a different set and requires a combo code setup. Also, many of the Zoom, DRC, and advanced items require the combo code.

As Robman mentioned, you can put them on the number keys, but you have to hit SETUP twice to tell the remote you are not entering an extended code (unless you are using an extender). Depending on your remote, hitting the SETUP key is not easy anyways as it's often recessed.

Also, most Sony TV's let you label the inputs. One of those labels is usually 'SKIP', and the normal TV/video switching will then skip them. Useful if you are not using all of them.

Personally, I have a few of them set up as phantom keys, and only use them in macros (LKP's on device keys that turn on devices and set things up.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: