JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Long key press protocol for Xsat410.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Need Long key press protocol for Xsat410. Reply with quote

Hello!

I have create last week an upgrade device for my Satellite Xsat410.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2605

It works fine but, like with the original remote, it require a normal keypress on the power key to wake-up and a long keypress on the power key to go to standby mode.

No problem in normal use, I just have to keep the power button depressed more than 1 sec to go to standby mode.

My problem is that I want to create a macro that shutdown my complete system (Tv, DVD, Sat, Amp). Everything shutdown but not the Sat!

I read a post that say that I must put the function that I need long in last position of my macro and keep the key depressed to repeat the last key of the macro. I try that but it does not work. Crying or Very sad

I read some info about protocol but I'm not yet able to write one myself.
Could somebody help me?

I you write a protocol for me, can you explain how?
I want to learn... Wink

Thank you very much

Busa
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several ways to attempt to skin this cat, none of which necessarily guarantees success.

(1) Simplest - in your "shutdown" macro, repeat that power key several times in a row (5, 6, 10, whatever it takes!). It's possible that the xSat will perceive this as an entended single keypress.

(2) If THAT doesn't work, an inefficient potential solution is to use the Device Combiner protocol. To do this, you would create a completely new device upgrade, selecting "Device Combiner" as the protocol, and taking all of the data from your xSat upgrade and inserting it in the appropriate locations for device number 1. As you go through the protocol description/help notes, you will see how you can adjust the duration of the signal. THIS is an example of the upgrade created. Just keymove that single function to wherever you want it, test it and tweak the duration so that it's not a longer signal than necessary, and use it in your macro. The price is this single upgrade for a single function will consume a large amount of your upgrade memory.

(3) If even THAT doesn't work, then you may be in the territory requiring an expert to hand-tweak a protocol upgrade for a single function upgrade for you to get the duration required.

Good Luck.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Busa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Bad luck... Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:
(1) Simplest - in your "shutdown" macro, repeat that power key several times in a row (5, 6, 10, whatever it takes!). It's possible that the xSat will perceive this as an entended single keypress.

Don't work!

I'm looking further with solution 2....

Busa
Busa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Cool! Reply with quote

Hi,

It's work fine with the device combiner upgrade.
Thank you very much.
BTW, no problem with the upgrade memory, i got enough!

Now, my JP1 remote is ready for hours of watching movies! Very Happy

Bye!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: