JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharp/Denon Combo (Official) Protocol issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 8910 - I've got a similar upgrade for LC26GA54, devices 1,3,17,18 made in KM8.32. It worked. Built from learned signals.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2631
Due to sfhub's alert, I just checked, and posted in Diagnosis Excel comparison of two versions of what KM puts out
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3004
I wonder if 8.38 version will work. Things are different here.
sfhub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth, was it broken for you also on your 8910 or were you saying it produced a different upgrade that still worked.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfhub, it broke mine as well. More details in your post in software's KM section.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. it's broken Crying or Very sad . The upgrade from 8.38 did not work.
On 4 models I rechecked the original upgrades from KM 8.32 and RM 1.49. They worked fine.
Perhaps 15-2104 remote has a protocol 009C that's different from 8910 and 2117.
Perhaps the TV that spurred the change issued different signals than I recorded.

Request to Rob: could you, please, change the filename from LC26GA54 to LC26GA5U? There is no 54, and my learned files show 5U as well.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time to try and dig into this, but regarding the question of whether the 15-2104 has a different version of the protocol, I have put together an IR file that contains all of the different versions of the Sharp / Denon combo protocol, so if you want to compare them, you can. I've put notes in there that show some of the remotes that each version is in.

I've also included all of the versions of the regular Sharp / Denon protocol too.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3027
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, Rob. I sure got more than I bargained for. But no rush on my account, please.
Those protocols are all over the place, a real eye opener. Started small with 0001, and ended up big, even with LeadIn & Leadout by the time I got to 0008. How in heaven's name can this stuff work all equipment??
In any case, the initial issue was wugger's. It confused me then, and confuses me still
On 1/2 12:55 am he wrote
wugger wrote:
If I set "Sharp Combo (Official)"'s "CMD Comp?" setting in the hidden "p-work" spreadsheet to "n" instead of "y" which essentially performs the right one's complements the second byte of the hex cmd, I get the correct $hex codes and it now works.

But on the same date, 6:41 pm he wrote what seems to me to be the opposite
wugger wrote:
All I know is that I need to COMP the commands before loading them into the remote which is similar to what the hacked Denon protocol does.

Now, the second quote might be consistent with the 0004 and 0005 protocols Rob put in the IR file,
where the only difference in code is in the first transmission
LD DCBUF+2,DCBUF
COM DCBUF+2
15-2104 does not do COM. Also 0001-0003 don't. Is DCBUF(R03) where the command byte goes? It doesn't sound right to me. Protocols elude me completely Sad I'll try to dig into this a bit more, but it's tough sledding.

That "n" introduced in KM 8.38 for Sharp Combo Official used to be "y" in 8.32 when it worked in the 8910 and sfhub's 15-2117. The protocol code is unchanged between the two versions, just the upgrade codes.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
That "n" introduced in KM 8.38 for Sharp Combo Official used to be "y" in 8.32 when it worked in the 8910 and sfhub's 15-2117. The protocol code is unchanged between the two versions, just the upgrade codes.
That's all I changed in 8.38 based on wugger's results. Apparently it wasn't the right thing to do (at least for you and sfhub).

Since I know even less about protocols than you, Liz, I can't even begin to figure it out. Surprised I guess I should change KM back to the way it was?
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if these remotes require this sort of change or use of hacked protocols maybe
Sony Tivo, Toshiba, URC-7541, RCU810, REM400B00, Sony DirecTivo, 15-2103, 15-2104

Here is the KM 8.32 info about CMD complement
001C Denon and Sharp: "n"
0047 Denon Combo and Sharp Combo: "n" -- does this do COMP as wugger says?
009C Denon Combo(Official) and Sharp Combo(Official): "y". That's the change to "n" that is at issue.

In addition to 8910 and 15-2117, 6131(ext) is in the list that works using 8.32 and fails using 8.38. The results are consistent on 8 similar models from 15" to 45".
BTW, 6131 protocol (0007 in Rob's list) is really different with LI/LO in the parameters list.

Mark, All I can do is just toss the facts at you. I have no explanation. Without memory map, the stuff is not simple to decode. When the protocol experts find time away from important things, it'll get sorted out. Being well aware that I'm out of line here, my suggestion would be to revert.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Being well aware that I'm out of line here
Nah, you aren't out of line. We'll let you know when you are, though! Wink

Quote:
my suggestion would be to revert.
I came up with a compromise... it's now user-selectable.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark you're quick. I'll look at it. In the meantime I did my homework, so I'm reporting in case still needed.
Using Rob's procedure (thank you Rob!)
Signals from 8.32 upgrades recorded onto another remote match signals originally learned from Aquos TV.
Those recorded using 8.38 upgrades do not. Hex bytes are opposite of what they should be to control the TV.
In case this is confusing, I've uploaded IR file here.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
I came up with a compromise... it's now user-selectable.
Slick compromise. Nice default too.
Now, what I really want to know is how you managed to zip a file presumably 4/9 Sunday morning containing files made 4/9 at 8:39pm Surprised More JP1 magic, eh?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
Slick compromise. Nice default too.
That should keep everyone happy. Surprised

Quote:
More JP1 magic, eh?
No magic at all, just my trusty file-stamping utility. All my versions of KM have been dated with their release date, and the time actually indicates the version number, hence 8:39 pm.
rodenti

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Aquos TV, RM, and Sharp Combo (Official) problem Reply with quote

I have struggled for the past week trying to get my new Sharp Aquos LC32DA5U LCD TV working with my RCU810 remote using RemoteMaster.

I have tried several device updates from the file section and none of them worked correctly with their default configuration. Basically, when I apply the file to my remote and map it to the keys I either do not get a response from the TV when I press a button on the remote, or I get the wrong response.

I have tried the following files and none work using the Sharp Combo (Official):
- Sharp(LCD-TV)-LC26GA54(km).txt (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2631)
- Sharp_Aquos_LC-45GD4U-CBL1093-15-2117.txt (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1644)
- SharpLC-32GA5U.txt (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1409)

I did a search on this forum and found a solution in another thread (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5701&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0) but it involved changing the protocol from Sharp Combo (Official) to Denon Combo. This resulted in the Protocol ID changing from 00 9C to 00 47 which fixed the problem.

Is there a way to get these working with RemoteMaster without having to change the protocol? The thread mentioned above talks about a fix for the problem in the KM spreadsheet, but no mention of how to work around this issue in RM except to change to Denon Combo.

I am new to JP1 but I have not had any problems using any other device files except for the ones for my Aquos.

Thanks.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try KM. Don't do the Denon change. Instead, see if changing the COMP setting on the Setup sheet makes a difference. RM hasn't made that change, because it did not seem necessary at that time. But if you confirm that COMP switch worked for you, RM will pickup the change as well, I'm positive. You're the second person suggesting that it might be needed.
See also http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6216
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried reading through all the threads about this, and I'm not clear on what's going on. Sometimes writing it down clears it up for me.

It seems there are some versions of the Sharp Combo executor that require a COMPed hex cmd, and some that don't. We're not sure which these are, so KM has been enhanced to give the user control over whether or not to use COMP, but defaults to COMP.

Unfortunately, a similar change doesn't work in RM, for technical reasons beyond the scope of this discussion.

Anyway, the thing to do here is to recognize that there is a no-Comp version of the Sharp Combo executor. We need to identify which remotes have this executor, and update their RDFs to reflect that. Also, protocols.ini needs to be changed to include this "nocomp" variant.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: