JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sub device parameter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Sub device parameter Reply with quote

The only upgrades I could find only worked some of the buttons on my panasonic TX- LXD52 LCD, so I have learned all the commands. When I loaded it into IR I have found that there are about 4 different sub device figures and they all need to be the same in KM. I am relatively limited in JP1 knowledge and am not sure what to do know as the other upgrades I have created were straight forward. I have uploaded the file so can someone please advise me.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2615
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You likely need to use the Panasonic Mix Combo protocol which allows multiple device/sub-device combinations in the same upgrade. Be sure to check the [Protocol Help] sheet in KM after selecting the protocol.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With any IR file it helps to have notes as to what each original function is. We might, for instance, find that you have learned all the Panny remote buttons including those that control Panny DVDs and VCRs in which case they might not be needed. Having said that, if you do need lots of subdevices then there are Panasonic Combo and Panasonic MIX Combo protocols that ought to be able to accommodate you.

Here is an example (my old Panasonic telly, actually) using two subdevices and here's one using Panasonic Combo2 with three subdevices .
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

underquark wrote:
With any IR file it helps to have notes as to what each original function is. We might, for instance, find that you have learned all the Panny remote buttons including those that control Panny DVDs and VCRs in which case they might not be needed.

Thanks for the reply. All the buttons are for the TV though there are VCR buttons on the original that I have ignored. I will try the combo, thanks.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked at the combo and the 'help' says '....enter a number (1 thru 5) to select a device code...'. My device code in IR is 128 so what number between 1 to 5 am I suposed to use?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ube_Astard wrote:
I have looked at the combo and the 'help' says '....enter a number (1 thru 5) to select a device code...'.
Having looked at your IR file, you can use the Panasonic Combo protocol. Enter Device=128 on the Setup sheet. On the Functions sheet, enter the Sub-Device number from the learned signal in the byte2 column.

Be sure to copy & paste the Protocol Upgrade into IR as well.
Ube_Astard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Having looked at your IR file, you can use the Panasonic Combo protocol.

Thanks very much. Sorted now mate and learned somefink new.
Thanks all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: