JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need info about Xsat410 on URC-7541

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Need info about Xsat410 on URC-7541 Reply with quote

Hello!

1. Device: Xsat 410 from Xcom (= Worldsat, =Pace, =Falcon)
2. Type of device: SAT
3. Year: 2002
4. JP1 Remote model: URC-7541 2k
5. JP1 user? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes! 0123 is fully working but read all the post please
10. Learning remote question? No learning function on the URC-7541

I begin in JP1 but I'm not a newbie in Electronic, programming, Hacking and assembler.
I have a URC-7541 since 3 years programmed for a Samsung TV, a Samsung VCR, and a Xsat410 Satellite. All worked fine.

One month ago I bought a Harman kardon AVR-435 and a dvd LG RH-7800 and of course, I will not stop using my URC-7541! Smile

So, I found an upgrade for the AVR-435, change some little things in the .rmdu file and than succesfully upload it by JP1 with the cable that I made yesterday. It work fine! Very Happy

But!
I was horrified to view that my memory for "Key Moves" was almost full!
After I have read a lot of Posts, I understand the limitations of this type of remote control, so I must go througt this limitations.
No Extender are available for the URC-7541! So i must do something else!

1st thing:
My Xsat 410 eat 23 Key Moves
2nd thing:
The Key moves memory is almost full but the upgrade memory is almost empty.
Conclusion:
I want to create a .rmdu from scratch for my xsat410 so that it eat at worst 9 Key moves (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H and Ok are always in Key Move if I am right Question )

So, Here is the QUESTION:

My Xsat 410 use the code 0123 on my URC-7541.
How can I create a .rmdu from scratch for that?
what is the protocol corresponding to this code?
How to find all the key code?

Thank you very much!
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this spreadsheet SAT/0123 uses the Proton protocol, device number 34. I can't find SAT/0123 in any of the files here but I have seen a Proton, 34 file somewhere and I think that the codes started with (OBCs) Num1=001, Num2=002 etc., Num0=010, power=000. If these work we can maybe guess some of the rest. How do you know that making an upgrade for SAT/0123 will remove all the KeyMoves?
Busa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: I will try this... Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

I made a brand new .rmdu with the info that you gave me.
I will try this this evening and If it works, we will search the Key OBC that remain unknow...

Quote:
How do you know that making an upgrade for SAT/0123 will remove all the KeyMoves?

It is just a supposition (maybe a wish) based on my observation when making the upgrade for my Harman AVR-435?
Am I wrong?
Is There a better solution to save Key Moves space?

If I am right, when making an upgrade with a .rmdu in Remotemaster, only the buttons with an * (in the Buttons page) take a place in the Key Moves. Is it right?

See you later for the test results.

Busa
Busa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: It Works! Reply with quote

Hi,

It works perfectly! Very Happy

Thanks to you underquark for your help!

I used the brute force scaning to find all the functions. (I mean trying every OBC from 1 to 255 and see the effect on the Xsat410).

Now, I have my sat that work perfectly and I saved 23 Key Moves!!!! 8)
So, I have 162 bytes free for other key Moves and I can now do my macro without stress.

Devices Upgrade seems to be a nice way to save Key Moves.
No extender needed, no need to replace 1K eeprom by a 2K.

I can give you my Xsat410.rmdu, just ask.

Thanks so much for this site, all the software tools, all the informations and all the time you spend for JP1! Wink

Busa
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: It Works! Reply with quote

Busa wrote:
I can give you my Xsat410.rmdu, just ask.

A better idea would be to load it into the file section and post a link to it here, that way anybody that wants it can get it for themselves without bothering you.
Busa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2605

Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: