JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New DirecTV D11 Receiver and R15 PVR Signal Codes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SAT/1377 code will not work the R10.

You URC-8190 has builtin codes that will work the R10. They are VCR/0618 and SAT/1142. This assumes you don't change the remote address.

There are also a bunch of TiVo upgrades available.

The "Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select" secret codes does not change anything about the remote. It changes what TiVo does when it receives the "Advance" command.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's moot now, but the update that includes the 30 sec skip is out, and is slowly moving from West to East across the country.

http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=60&f=106
CrAzYodaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
The SAT/1377 code will not work the R10.

You URC-8190 has builtin codes that will work the R10. They are VCR/0618 and SAT/1142. This assumes you don't change the remote address.

There are also a bunch of TiVo upgrades available.

The "Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select" secret codes does not change anything about the remote. It changes what TiVo does when it receives the "Advance" command.

thanks ........ and go figure i just got deleting all my 1142 tivo codes from 8910.......... dang......... now got to do all that from scratch again.......... its all good.

and k...... thanks answered my question......... i will have to use the select,play select thing even on r-10........ not a problem...... i was just hoping for a efc......... but no problem

thanks for reply Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MaskedMan wrote:
I know it's mute now, but the update that includes the 30 sec skip is out, but it is slowly moving from West to East across the country.

http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=60&f=106

dang i need to check back tommorow when wake up....... work graveyard shif..... readdy for zzzzzzz

but so far i cant find that post your refering too Sad

again....... i must try again tommorow..........

thanx to both of you for so much help Wink

i am sure the R-10 even if its only 70gb without mods..... will be more to liking to have this feature of 30 sec slip Wink

thanks again......... both of you for quick replys Wink

Arrow Before JP1, the remote controlled everything
........................ NOW JP1 GIVES YOU THE CONTROL BACK!!

---------------------------
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On dbstalkcom when they're talking about 10BB, that is the update which will enable the 30 sec skip.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
On dbstalkcom when they're talking about 10BB, that is the update which will enable the 30 sec skip.

Hey Edmund, if you've seen a particulr thread over there with info about the roll-out of the 10BB firmware, could you post a link to it please. I did a search for 10BB myself and didn't get any hits.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, its actually 10B8, not 10BB.

Here's poll of who have received the update and where they're;

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=56369

Thread dealing with the 30 sec skip:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=56932
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see from that thread that the new firmware is actually introducing a "30 second slip" rather than a "30 second skip". They're calling it a slip rather than a skip because rather than skipping ahead 30 seconds, it actually fast forwards through 30 seconds of show in 3 seconds.

Doesn't sound like such a good feature now. I know I'm not ready to give up my "3 minute skip" on my ReplayTV!
CrAzYodaz

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all ---- thanks everybody that has tried to help me with R15 and R10 models --- when i got the new package remember i was promised a R10 --- it was another R15

to make long story short, i was told to find a R10 for $100 bucks or less and D* would credit my bill ---- then i found out nobody as retailer allowed to sell R-10's anymore.

Quote:
These TiVo receivers have been factory refurbished. I bought several of these refurbished SD-DVR40 TiVo receivers from a local DIRECTV retailer who can no longer sell them due to DIRECTV's release of the "new" Directv+ DVR without TiVo service, or R15. This is DIRECTV's attempt to make more money off retailers by allowing retailers to sell only this DIRECTV+ model which, without TiVo software, lacks the highly regarded user-friendly guide and intuition of TiVo.

that was from ebay and i have the sd-r40 hooked up --- D* still refunding my $75.06 i paid for that item..... just scary that D* would pull all models of shelf other than there r-15 units

anyways..... it took many hours on phone..... i had SD-DVR40 that went dead.... D* replaced it with R15 --- the hassle ----- atleast i got my unit back.

so maybe i need to start a new thread.

cause now i got two SD-DVR40's --- one is hooked up......... the other with bad HD and nolonger boots up........ is there a way to fix my broken unit without opening up my new unit? to install larger HD or whatnot?

then again..... if i fix my old unit......... and fix and upgrade it....... then try to hook it back up....... D* might frown....?

i was told by D* to do whatever i want with old SD-DVR40 unit..... the one that is dead. "throw it in trash or whatever" i was told

and thanks in advance........ yes i got the R15 for $20 without contract...... then was given $100 spending limit were i found the new SD-DVR40 unit.... i confirmed with D* before ordering...... the $75.06 will be refunded to my account. --- this of course after i was promised the R10 and shipped another R15.

D* is good company...... it just takes allot of talking to supervisors

the 2nd R15 is shipped off and recieved.... getting a package empty box to ship back 1st R15 ...... then when they recieve that i will be refunded the $20 fee.......

so any hope for dead SD-DVR40?

maybe i should make a new thread?

again thanks for previous help..... and yes been D* customer over 9 years.

also thanks for any advice on how to fix dead SD-DVR40 unit Wink

CrAzYodaz

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.... i decided since i know longer have R10 promised or R15.....

i will post new thread with copy and paste of previous questions.

i will edit and paste info to this reply as soon as new thread posted

again.... thanks again.

but thats all i wanted.... i wanted my SD-DVR40 replaced.... the shock of R15 and all....... its all good i got my old unit back...... year after warranty expired on dead SD-DVR unit....

again what a hassle.... so many hours on phone....... but over all..... D* did me good;)

thanks for not replying on this thread..... reply on new thread..... will edit link in a sec

----------------------
k new thread started.......

the R-15 is neat if your new to tivo............ but if your tivo happy.... stay away from R-15

there is a big learning curve with newer R15...... and no 30 sec skip........ they do have a 30-sec SLIP...... witch means you will fastforward while playing 30secs........ D* did not even offer that on my R15

if they would of...... i prolly would still be in R15 land.....

anyways..... now back and all hooked up....... no cost.

heres the new thread if you might beable to help with dead unit SD-DVR40

its all putting smiles on my face having 30 sec skip back......... now to fix / upgrade dead unit without opening up new unit? -- both units = 1 dead SD-DVR40 hughes...... and 1 working and hooked up after all this ordeal.... SD-DVR40 hughes Wink
[url] http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=43983 [/url]

thanks for any help.... reply to above url thread Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: