JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New DirecTV D11 Receiver and R15 PVR Signal Codes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deekman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: New DirecTV D11 Receiver and R15 PVR Signal Codes Reply with quote

I have just installed the new D11 DirecTV receiver and R15 personal video recorder. I find no upgrade files for them in any forums, etc. which doesn't surprise me since they're so new. I've tried to use the upgrade file for the DirecTV D10 but, other than the power button, it doesn't work. So, I decided to try to put an upgrade together myself following the directions found here in the document "JP1 - Just How Easy Is It?". I'm familair with IR as a beginner and have used it and upgrade files to load into my URC 9910 and, typically have had no problem. (I have a home built connector that works well.)

Here's my problem. Since no one has worked out the EFC codes for these devices (they use the same remote), at least as far as I've been able to find, I wanted to use the approach mentioned in the doc above and learn some keys and get the EFC codes, protocols, etc., in hopes of making an upgrade file for this remote. But when I download the remote and look at the learned keys information, it doesn't list the first part of the info block in the IRdecoder, that being the protocols, EFC codes, etc. It only lists the raw data in the boxes below where that information should be. I'm not sure I really understand how all this works but can I get the EFC codes from the raw info? Interestingly, one of the keys does have EFC code information but it lists three different lines of protocol information but this is only for one of many keys. Can anyone explain to me what might be going on here? Any help would definitely be appreciated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that the D10 upgrade didn't work as Ive been lead to believe that the R15 and the D10 use the same signals. Having said that, it appears from this post that the R10 DirecTV PVR uses the Tivo code (ie, SAT/1142 or VCR/0618).

Whenever you come across a protocol that is not automatically decoded the next step is to post a copy of your IR file (the one that contains the learned signals) to the Diagnosis Area and then post a link to it here. That will enable the experts to take a look at it to see what's going on.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the R15 uses the same codeset as the D10, but the D10 allows for multiple remote addresses, where the R15 doesn't. R15 responds to UEI code 1377, thats 00001 code on the oem remote. Here are some EFC's for missing commands:

Active-075
red-008
green-024
blue-240
yellow-032
menu-019
Info-067
back-251

Discrete ON-014
Discrete OFF-006

Last edited by MaskedMan on Sat May 20, 2006 6:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Edmund, what's the story with the R10 using the Tivo code, is that a different machine than the D10 and R15?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its probably the last Directivo that will ever be made. D10 is a standard Sat receiver, R15 is now using Directvs own PVR platform and not a tivo.

R15 users have been kicked off of tivocommunity, because Tivo doesn't want a competing pvr on a website they sponsor.Sad

Last edited by MaskedMan on Sat May 20, 2006 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
deekman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks for the quick and helpful responses. As soon as I get home, I'll try the alternative 1377 UEI code. No surprise that the R10 responds to the Tivo codes since it is a Tivo essentially whereas, as was stated above, the R15 is a new animal from DirecTV. The R15 remote that comes with it is identical to the remote that comes with the D11 receivers and appear to be interchangeable...i.e., the remotes work on both machines. I'll 1) post here what happens when I use the 1377 code and 2) I'll post the txt file for the download from the remote with the learned keys that I mentioned in the first post in this thread in the Diagnosis area with a mention of it here. Thanks again for the help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
R15 users have been kicked off of tivocommunity, because Tivo doesn't want a competing pvr on a website they sponsor.Sad

That's always the danger of accepting money from companies, the corporate dollar suppressing free speach!
deekman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Success in using the 1377 upgrade code with caveat Reply with quote

I had tried originally to use the DirecTV D10 upgrade file entitled:

DirecTV_D10_SAT_1377_KM.txt

which I had retrieved from the Yahoo JP1 files section. I couldn't get it to work. Of course, I may have made a mistake. This time I used the upgrade codes and protocols that had been pasted by jon_armstrong in the following thread in this forum:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3973&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=1377

This time it works! I notice there are a few places where the code and protocol he posted in the thread are different from the ones that the upgrade file produces when loaded into KM.

Anyway, thanks for all the help from everyone and, MaskedMan, thanks for the hint on the upgrade code and the codes for the unsupported buttons.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, is the EFC for Yellow-032.Smile
deekman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Protocols not automatically decoded (see 1st & 2nd post) Reply with quote

As promised, I have posted two files to the Diagnosis area of the file section. The first is the file with the UEI code 1377 copied from the thread I mentioned above with the yellow key learned in one of the learning keys. (Sorry MaskedMan...it didn't decode just as before so I don't know the EFC.) There are a couple of other keys also in the learned key section from one of my televisions but they decoded fine. All of this will be obvious in IR. But like I mentioned above, the learned key from the R15 remote did not decode. This file can be found here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2607.

I also posted the original file I mentioned in the first post where I attempted to learn a number of R15 keys and all but one did not decode in IR. That file can be found here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2609

By the way, the 1377 codes found in the jon_armstrong post mentioned above work pretty well and include keys not found in the file I got from the yahoo JP1 upgrade file sections also designated 1377. What jon_armstrong had posted must have been an updated version.

Anyway, hope you can figure out what's wrong or what I'm doing wrong...especially for the yellow key (MaskedMan Wink ).

Thanks again for all the help.
whompus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version decodeir.dll are you using?
The learned key is decoding for me as
protocol russound device 12 obc 66 hex 42 efc 032
deekman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: What version of DecodeIR Reply with quote

I'm using Version 2.14 of DecodeIR in Version 6.15 of IR.
whompus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get version 2.29 decodeir in Tools section here
deekman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Installed New DecodeIR Reply with quote

I installed the new version 2.29 of DecodeIR.dll and, sure enough, I get the same thing you (whompus) did for the yellow button, a distinct EFC of 032. I also loaded up the file where I had learned a number of keys from the R15 remote and, with the new decoder, almost all of them give a distinct EFC code, unlike before (first post). Interestingly, with that file (it's the other one posted above where I had learned lots of keys), there are still a couple of keys like down arrow and channel up that still are not decoded.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
classicsat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concept of free speech only applies to the government suppressing ones ideas, or lesser of corporatations affecting public communications. Since TiVo community is a private board, "free speech" doesn't matter.

That said, R15 discussions have been banned, not because of any wish upon TiVos part, but simply to clean up the board from non TiVo discussion, IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: