JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One For All URC 2099

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brtmrt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: One For All URC 2099 Reply with quote

HELP HELP

I accidentally hit a button w/my remote and have lost my sound. I have tried everything the "How to program the One For All URC 2099 Remote" instructions state. I am unable to get two blinks at all.

I went back to my original remote and still can't get sound.

HELP HELP

THANKS
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you hit mute but not likely as you would have thought of that. The other possibility is that the remote put the device in service mode. You need to figure out how to get the device out of service mode or reset somehow. It is also possible that the remote changed the audio out state of the device so you could look into that also.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've obviously sent a signal that has done something to your equipment, but without knowing what devices you have and what setup codes you are using to control them, we can't even begin to try and solve your problem.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell us what devices you have, including model numbers.

1. Most TV sets, when you press mute, they say "mute" on the screen. So you probably did not press the TV mute button. But maybe you pressed the TiVo mute button, or the RePlayTV mute button, or the cablebox mute button (just guessing what your equipment might be).. if you have the original remotes for all your equipment check them all for mute buttons.

2. service mode: "what Nils said" .. TV sets are notorious for having these service modes. To see if it the TV that is f*cked up, drag another TV in the room and hook up your equipment to that TV and see if you have sound. If you still do not have sound, one by one, change what is hooked up to the new set until you figure out which device is not functioning.

2a. If it turns out to be the TV that is in service mode, maybe we can help but probably not - you may have to contact the TV manufacturer's customer service line for instructions. Sometimes a google seach for your TV's model number and the phrase "service mode" may turn up something useful.

3. The URC 2099 remote is pretty old and yucky. Get a new remote, perhaps either a OFA 8810w from wal-mart (under $20, lots of buttons) or a OFA 8910 (same as 8810w but has an LCD screen but is more $) .. another good choice is the 15-2116 or 15-2117 from radio shack for $29.95.
JP1Files
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a PM Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:53 pm. brtmrt wrote:
Thanks for your response. Suddenly SAP show up on my screen. I must have it something on the URC 2099 Remote that put it into that Mode. I brought out my original Remote, went to SAP and then put it into MAIN, the sound returned.

I agree w/you, this Remote is very old, but came in handy when I needed it, but, it could have caused me more grief. I will take your adivce and ck out those Remotes you mentioned.

Merv
Merv,
Glad it is now working! I hope you don't mind, I am posting your message here so that others involved in this thread will know how it turned out. I know that SAP is an alternate audio track, but does anyone know what the letters stand for in SAP? I did a google search and found "Service Access Point" and "a watery solution of sugars, .. that circulate in the vascular system of a plant."
JP1Files
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAP: Secondary Audio Program
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: