JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Basic RCU810 and IR question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jens

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Basic RCU810 and IR question Reply with quote

I am trying to install an upgrade on my RCU810. When I do an 'upload to remote' in IR I get no error messages and 'verify write' is enabled. This seems to imply that the writes are successful. When I then try to operate the remote, I notice that the clock has reset and the programming seems to have reverted back to default factory settings . Having said all that, I am new to this so it's likely that I screwed up something somewhere. I guess that before I beat my head against the wall I would like to know if this remote is supposed to reset the clock after a program cycle or not. The reset seems to be repeatable rather than it being the intermittent reset that is being referred to in a lot of the group posts of the past.

Jens
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Basic RCU810 and IR question Reply with quote

jens wrote:
I notice that the clock has reset

Unfortunately that is normal.

I think there is some extender or protocol or something you can install to coordinate with an IR.exe feature to fix the clock on one keypress after the reset.

jens wrote:
and the programming seems to have reverted back to default factory settings

What do you mean by that? It shouldn't do that unless it immediately tried to use an invalid upgrade.
jens

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Basic RCU810 and IR question Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
jens wrote:
I notice that the clock has reset

Unfortunately that is normal.

I think there is some extender or protocol or something you can install to coordinate with an IR.exe feature to fix the clock on one keypress after the reset.

Great, thanks for letting me know. It's not a big deal but I wanted to make sure it's normal before spending too much time figuring out what I am doing wrong with the programming

jens wrote:
and the programming seems to have reverted back to default factory settings

What do you mean by that? It shouldn't do that unless it immediately tried to use an invalid upgrade.

Not to worry, I don't know what I am doing at this moment so the chances are 99.9% that my issues (at the moment) are operator problems. At this time I haven't even figured out how shifted keys are entered and what x-shifted keys are. All I have done so far (besides reading thru the JP1 write-ups on the net multiple times) is to load a protocol update and key update from RM to IR and then hit the upload button. There is so much stuff that I don't know yet that it's scary. Heck, it's just a simple remote control and not rocket science Smile

What I did try was to change a byte in the raw IR data and confirmed (with a subsequent read) that this is being programed. When I changed a device button to a different type, uploaded and tried pressing the button I did not get the changed type displayed on the LCD though.

Anyway, way more digging needed before pestering people here ....

Jens
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: