JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Codes for Sony receiver STR-DE598

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrdavis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Codes for Sony receiver STR-DE598 Reply with quote

I just bought a new SONY receiver STR-DE598. I’m using a URC8810 learning remote. My previous Sony receiver only required putting in the manufacture code of 1058. But none of the manufacture codes listed in the URC8810 manual worked, (1058, 1158, 1258, 0158, or 0474).

I did the learning process with the first four buttons and used with the L1-l4 keys the process worked. But when I checked the contents of the learned keys I get two lines instead of the one I expected. Typical first line for sleep key:

Sony15, dev 48, obc 96, hex 06 or 07, efc 002 or 250
Typical second line for sleep key:
Async5:450..., dev 21, sub 84, obc 17, misc 50 15 54 11 fd

Some keys only used the single line-- power key
Sony15, dev 48, obc a8 or a9, efc 079 or 071

I don’t see where to enter the second line, maybe its not needed? Anyway tried just using the first line and the first of the two possible hex values listed with remote master v1.38, coping it and putting these first four keys into the IR program. Setting force sony 15 mode and set the code to 0048. Didn’t work. Also tried using 0048 as the manufacture code instead of 1058 thinking maybe that’s all that was needed. No good.

Checked the files section and tried two possible sony downloads (str-de545 no dsp) and (strde 895). But neither one worked stock or modifying the device code to 0048.

So what should I do to make this work?

Bill Davis
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this file as a starting point. It's already set up for device 48 used by the AV2 remote mode.

Or, before everyone else chimes in, see if your receiver can be set to AV1 mode. That would make it work with the standard setup codes already in the remote. In some cases, this might make it incompatible with the original remote, though.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His model can be switched to AV1, but he'll lose the use of his oem remote, which can not be changed.
wrdavis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the STR-DE885 file and looks like a good start. Volume, muting and other controls work. I'll proceed to learn the keys from the Sony remote and make a version for the keys on the str-de598 customized to my urc8810.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: