JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Advanced Digitial Broadcasting" cable remote
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: "Advanced Digitial Broadcasting" cable remote Reply with quote

hi ..

i'm new with JP1, and i'm trying to get my URC-9960 to learn the keys of my cable receiver's (Advanced Digitial Broadcasting) remote.

i only manage to get it to learn some of the keys, and the key learned in the 8in1 shows multiple repeated devices under the Protocol. This sorta confused me on wat to key into KM for an upgrade code... Confused

I've uploaded both the IR/TXT into
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2463

grateful if some1 can shed some light into it.. Thanks !
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that you have learned signals for two different obscure protocols. I assume you're asking about the one learned on the CBL keys that is decoded as Nokia32. What is the one learned on the AUX keys that decodes as Gap...64?

I think Jon helped someone in a previous thread with Nokia32. If he doesn't jump into this thread soon I'l try to find that thread and/or figure it out again. I think you'll need some expert help to get an upgrade built for Nokia32. KM doesn't have it listed under that name, probably not under any name.
spade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the AUX is actually set to my ceiling fan Razz is a simple remote so no problem there..

the ADB in question is set to CBL, sorry for not making it clear in the earlier post...
heypresto

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have a URC-9800 and I too am trying get it to work with the ADB cable box here in Singapore and am hoping someone can help create an upgrade. Details as follows:

1. Device: Advanced Digital Broadcast model ABQ-1H57-SCV
2. Type of device: Cable STB provided by SCV
3. Year: Can't find that but should be within last 3 years
4. JP1 Remote model: URC-9800
5. JP1 user? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked the Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No, I have cycled through all installed CBL & SAT device codes trying Power and 1 buttons but no success
10. Learning remote question? My URC-9800 is a learning remote but learned signals are not uploaded to IR so I don't know how to go about capturing the signals.

I have spent hours looking but all I have found so far is the post below plus another one on a remotecentral forum which suggests a device code of 1082 for an ADB cable box, but quite possibly not the same model http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?keywords=3949&highlight=singapore

Please help!

Thanks
Matthew
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty (so to speak), there is a way to modify the URC-9800 so that you can read the learned signals...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2289
heypresto

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Rob but the hardware modding is a little beyond me (sadly I have never used a soldering iron plus if I mess up the remote I'm stuffed as they are not readily available in this part of the world).

I guess I was hoping someone could use the file uploaded by Spade below but now I see it is no longer there. I have tried private messaging Spade but suspect he has dropped off the forum.

I guess I'm out of luck Crying or Very sad ...but if there is any way somehow someone could get me started with one working code then I think I can build the rest of the upgrade.

Thanks for looking at this.
spade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all

for those interested, i've posted up my learnt code onto the Diagnose Area, under the filename of "ADB Starhub Digital Receiver - URC 9960". The learnt codes are stored under CBL section Very Happy
heypresto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Spade...much appreciated.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spade wrote:
"ADB Starhub Digital Receiver - URC 9960". The learnt codes are stored under CBL section Very Happy
And here they're linked. Wink

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of those ADB signals decode as Nokia32 protocol functions, and IIRC, Nokia32 is not currently incorporated into KM and/or RM Crying or Very sad , so you will have a bit of a chore ahead of you building an upgrade in KM or RM Surprised . Fortunately for you, a small handful of upgrades using Nokia32 (in the form of a "Manual Settings" protocol) have been built. Very Happy

I refer you to THIS THREAD, in which there are references to the protocol and a link (I believe) to an upgrade - not at all an upgrade for your device, but an upgrade using the Nokia32 protocol, from which you could start, and then simply use the OBCs/EFCs from the learned file posted by spade. Surprised

You might further politely ask spade if he cwould learn the rest of the functions from the remote Wink - including another attempt at the CH- (and CH+) since that didn't decode particularly well.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another problem I just recognized - you may not be able to use the "Custom Protocol" from the Nokia32 upgrade in that thread, since it is for a S3C8+ processor-based remote, while your 9800 (apparently) is a P8/740-style processor, and requires a separately-built protocol. Evil or Very Mad Time for a REAL expert to jump in, Rolling Eyes ... but you still need those additional learned codes from spade. Wink

Hey spade! Did you ever build that upgrade? or do you just use the learned signals?

Amazon Firestick
spade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Capn Trips

I've no clue how to build upgrades... Sad i'm juz using the learnt signal. The custom protocol u mentioned, can it b used on URC-9960?? i would like to try and test...

thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started looking at this but have got busy with other things. I will be posting an upgrade based on the buttons that were learned. Spade, if there are additional buttons on the remote that you didn't learn could you learn the rest of them and post a 2nd file please. And if any of the posted buttons are not what they say that are (like if you learned the "Function" button to the REWIND button) could you mention what the functions really are.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've disassembled the $0173 protocol referenced in that thread, which is the first step towards knowing how to use it...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2465
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's a first draft at an upgrade file for it:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2466

Note: I don't have time tonight to test this, so don't be too surprised if it doesn't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: