JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

noob help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeswallow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: noob help Reply with quote

hey all,

I've been using JP1 for a few years, I have a 15-1994, 15-2104 and recently purchased a URC-9910 from Rob.

Prior to the 9910, I had only ever used JP1 for backing up my remote. I've only recently started playing around with upgrades.

My first upgrade has been sucessfull and i'll be uploading it soon.

My first question is in regards to Macros. I've read many posts on the subject but can't seem to do what I want. One of you will no doubt show me how easy it is and I'll think "well then, this makes perfect sence."

I want the device button for each device to power on the device as well as it's regular function. As I understood it, the macro should be something like:
Bound key: CD
Macro Keys: shift-CD, Power
Shouldn't this select the device and power it on? Do I need an extender to make this work? I've been doing all of my experimenting with the 15-2104.

Second. I've been reading information on LKP/DKP. Is it easier to setup the non-extender version or the extender? Looking at the docs and info here still seems really confusing. Is this stuff a big jump from creating upgrades?

I've probably forgotten to include some crutial information about what I am asking for. So what can I do to help you help me?

Mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are certain buttons that can't be re-programmed in an un-extended remote, and the device buttons are usually examples of such buttons. This is true of your 15-1994 and 15-2104. The URC-9910 is a unique remote in that you can program macros to the device buttons, but only when they are programmed using JP1.

You don't need the shift-CD thing though.

If you're programming a macro using the un-extended URC-9910, you can use the regular CD button.

If you're programming a macro on an extended remote, you don't use the device buttons to select the device mode, you use the special device selectors that are built into the extender.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You don't need the shift-CD thing though.
Actually, the "shift-CD" thing would/could be appropriate for the unextended 9910, to take advantage of shift-cloaking to get to the Power function.

Regardless, I recommend using an extender for MANY reasons, not the least of which is macros on device buttons.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: noob help Reply with quote

mikeswallow wrote:
I've been reading information on LKP/DKP. Is it easier to setup the non-extender version or the extender? Looking at the docs and info here still seems really confusing. Is this stuff a big jump from creating upgrades?

> Not much difference in setup except on device keys
> You may wish to see how to setup device keys in this thread
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4520&highlight=8910+blank+macro and many others.
This setup shows how to use the device select protocol in unextended LKP.
> Complete explanation is in the "Special notes" section of the official L/DKP Readme file.
> Don't be intimidated by the instructions which refer to buttons as hex numbers. Current IR makes the process much simpler.
> Initially you could do what you want using device button (for selecting device) and shift-device keys (for setup of equipment in groups). It really is the simplest way of all if you don't mind pushing that terrible Evil or Very Mad , depressed, Set button (in extender you can reassign it someplace else)
> I, too, recommend using the extender due to speed Smile and more intuitive programming of the device keys.
mikeswallow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips! Smile

This should get me started. I installed my first extender today. I thought I'd need to know all the hex stuff, but it just modified an existing config, no sweat. It just takes some time to get through the docs and understand them.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: