JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any plan to update Devices4.xls?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeswallow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Any plan to update Devices4.xls? Reply with quote

Heya all,

Is there an update or replacement for the Devices4 spreadsheet. Something with updated codes?

Thanks!

Mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
Devices4 is just a reflection of what's in the 15-1994 remote, nothing more, so no, it won't change.

Maybe if you describe what info you are looking for, we can suggest an alternative way of getting it.
mikeswallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Rob.

I've been reading JP1 for begginners and the What and Why of JP1 hoping to figure it all out on my own without having to ask a bunch of annonying questions. Both guides refer you to the devices4 spreadsheet for creating upgrades. Several of my devices don't appear in the spreadsheet and I was looking for cut and paste solutions to upgrading. I guess I'll just have to keep learning the codes and doing it that way.

I'm sure there is existing upgrades out there for most of my devices but I want to do it myself to get the feel for it. Of course the remote I chose to learn from is for a mini hifi system and has more that the 3 RC5 Devices supported by KM. Reading up on Device Combiners now.

Mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you try using the Device Combiner to mix and match your RC5 signals, you should also look at the RC5 combo protocol.

Also, it's usually a better idea to view a mini system as several "virtual" components rather than one big component. For example, if your mini-system combines a dual tape deck and a CD player along with other options, what would the PLAY button do if you create just one upgrade for it? Would it (a) play a CD, (b) play tape #1 or (c) play tape #2? If you had three seperate upgrades, there would be no confusion.
mikeswallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Rob...That's the conclusion I was starting to come to myself. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: