JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Onkyo TR530 (HT-S780)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scifan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Onkyo TR530 (HT-S780) Reply with quote

Help.

I have a 8910 remote, have worked with IR and remote master to successfully configure various components (media portal/Hauppauge, Xbox, Tivo, and previously a sony KD740)...

Receiver code 0135 seems to work for ~ half the functions I need/want on my new receiver...

I've used the learning function to capture information on the 3-4 functions that I don't seem to find in the "general" configuration... and while I've searched through the forum's, I don't have a clue how to turn the information I've grabbed via IR into something useful...

The functions, and the information displayed by IR 6.15 follows:

late-night - protocol nec, device 210, sub 108, obc 215, hex 14, efc 114
dvd - protocol nec1, device 210, sub 108, obc 140, hex ce, efc 060
or-eq - protocol nec1, device 210, sub 172, obc 223, hex 04, efc 242
cinemafilter - protocol nec1, device 210, sub 108, obc 214, hex 94, efc 110

So, how can I map this to "non-learned" keys...

(lemme guess, this is covered in a FAQ somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it... )

Thanks for any help...
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS file is very helpful in identifying what is the protocol:device data for any given setup code, AND in identifying what setup codes are available for a particular protocol:device combination, as well as what remotes have these codes in the ROM. In your case, the sheet shows that AUD/0135 is an NEC1:210.109 or 28, which means that your four signals cannot be generated by that upgrade (if the device.subdevice matched, you could just do keymoves by EFC), and there is no built-in setup code with your required device.subdevice combination in the 8910, so you have to build an upgrade for those four functions. To do that, you probably need to read (or re-read) THIS thread. After the upgrade is built and installed, you will have keymove those functions.

Good luck.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setup code RCVR/0135 covers only device 210, sub 109.

To add sub 108 you could:

A) Build a new upgrade to use instead of 0135 using a combo version of NEC.

or

B) Build an upgrade with just subdevice 108 and with no buttons assigned and use that as the basis for KeyMoves to supplement 0135.

You may want to look at existing Onkyo upgrades. I'm sure you can find method (A) demonstrated and probably a very near match to your set of signals.

Are you sure about that decode with sub 172? I've seen a lot of data on Onkyo devices and don't recall any with sub 172.
greenough1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at an onkyo upgrade that I'm using.

it's based on setup code 0152, protocol NEC1 combo for device 210.

The notes though say "combines all subdevice for one device" and "EFC's are compatible across combo and non combo versions of NEC".

Might this one be of help?

Here's a link: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2386

Best,
jeff
scifan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 172 sub is what I saw when I pulled after learning that function from the original remote... (and it works on my receiver)

Thanks for the input guys.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would additionally point out, that although the file linked by greenough is a good starting point, as he suggests, you could save quite a few bytes of upgrade space (i.e. NO PROTOCOL UPGRADE REQUIRED) by switching to the "NEC1 combo (official)" protocol, rather than using the "NEC1 Combo" protocol (which is a hacked protocol, that was necessary before the official one was identified and incorporated in KM).

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
scifan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, based on your comments, I could use the EFC's from 0135 (and those I've "learned" while using "0152"?

Is there an advacned code list for 0152?

I couldn't actually get the one posted to actually work with my receiver... 135 works great...

I do have things working fairly well... but do wish I could do it without having to utilize a "learned" function
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scifan wrote:
So, based on your comments, I could use the EFC's from 0135 (and those I've "learned" while using "0152"?

Is there an advacned code list for 0152?

IIUC, this setup code number 0152 is not an official number from UEI. Whoever created that upgrade just arbitrarily chose the number 0152.

When you ask questions about a specific setup code number people tend to assume you mean an official setup code number. If you want to ask about an upgrade refer to that upgrade by the URL of the download page, not by the setup code number.

That upgrade uses a combo protocol. So it can't use EFC numbers directly on the remote itself.

We don't have "advanced code lists" unless it is an a official protocol that can use EFC numbers directly on the remote. This one disqualifies on both counts.

The KM desciption "EFCs are compatible" means within KM across certain upgrade types. KM understands EFC numbers in many combo protocols in which the remote itself can't understand those EFC numbers.
scifan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, ok - Thanks.
scifan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, after trying various files I have downloaded from the yahoo site, I found that I couldn't actually get any of the "combo" upgrades to work happily with my receiver.

So, what I've done is to create a small upgrade that is a simple nec1/210.108 device file that defines the functions that I've found in other searches, and 2 of the "new ones" that I had "learned"... and then used keymoves to finish the configuration on my amp setup (using 0135 as the primary).

it seems to work fairly well - even if my remote key move table seems to be nearly full now.

Thanks for all of the advise.

It's pretty ironic how a $20 remote and a cable that cost ~ $8 to create can provide most if not all of the important functions that one of my co-workers spent $200 to have...
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scifan wrote:

it seems to work fairly well - even if my remote key move table seems to be nearly full now.

I generally suggest that method because it is simpler.

If having the Key Move Memory full starts to intefere with other things you want your remote to do, ask again.

The combo protocol can be made to work. You haven't told us enough for a good guess at what went wrong. But when you give us more info about what you tried, we'll be able to tell you what to change.

The best info about what you tried is the .ir file that you loaded to test the combo protocol, together with the txt or rmdu file (from KM or RM) from customizing the combo upgrade.

Since you have a working .ir file with the KeyMove method, it would be good to include that for comparison.

None of that is really necessary until/unless you need more KeyMoves and Macros than fit. But if you're currious enough about what went wrong, we can investigate anyway.
scifan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I know I tried various amp/1135 combo code sets that I downloaded.

(From the yahoo archive)
onkyo787
onkyo-HT_R500 combo210_109+108
Onkyo-HT-R500-RCVR-tweaked

(don't remember if I tried any more of the above items)

(from the hi-remote archive)
onkyo787
onkyo-ht-sr510-receiver

Tried them as either Amp or Receiver - cause I wasn't sure if that would make a difference...

Couldn't get any response from the receiver with any of these combo's loaded into my 8910 remote.

I created an upgrade that was 210.108 w/ only a couple of EFC entries that seem to work pretty well...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those combo upgrades still use the old home-grown NEC combo protocol, you should change that to the "NEC1 Combo (Official)" in order to do away with needing to copy over the protocol upgrade.

My guess is that you haven't been copying the protocol upgrade, which would explain why the codes aren't working.
scifan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense... but it seems that I'm missing something.

I don't think I've "seen" anything in the protocol upgrade space under Remote Master (v1.03). I only see things in the Device Upgrade Code window.

(the example below is created from "Onkyo_HT_R500 Combo210_109+108.txt" file that's been simply converted over to 8910 without any extra-curricular key moves/assignments. The output in the device upgrae code window is this:

Code:

Upgrade code 0 = b4 6f (Amp/1135) Onkyo HT-R500 RCVR
 b6 00 fe e2 f9 b4
 4b a6 4b 0f 4b 8f 4b 4f 4b ce 4b 9d 4b ef 4b 6f
 4b 65 4b a5 4b bf 4b 3f 4b 5f 4b ff 4b 7f 4b df
 4b cd 4b be 4b 3e 4b de 4b 5e 4b 16 4b 8d 4b dd
 4b 67 4b e7 4b 94 4b 4d
KeyMoves
 13 f4 b4 6f 4b 56«Dimmer»¦
 14 f4 b4 6f 4b 35«menu»¦
 37 f4 b4 6f 4b d5«exit»¦
 30 f4 b4 6f 4b ea«sleep»
End

So, am I missing something critical that I should be doing in this process?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are using a very old version of RM. Get a newer version and try again.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: