JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

can you split a command........?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flipwood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: can you split a command........? Reply with quote

--15-2116 ext2
--phillips LX-3500 rcvr/dvd (a few basic functions from dev. 0539/RC6, most learned in then key moved from (dev. 1189/RC5).

The ffwd and rew buttons on the 2116 (0539 efc 019 & 011) are equal to the oem remote ffwd and rew.
These commands have a built in LKP function (i.e. one key press = page forward or backward and a LKP = ffwd or rew X2 speed then on each subsequent LKP X4, X6, & X8. These buttons do no not perform very well on either the oem remote or the 2116.

my question is this:
Can i break apart the the short key press from the LKP command?

I would basically like my short key press to be a ffwd or rew X8 then the LKP to be a page forward or page backward
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some fancy coding, we could make it so that even a short keypress would issue a really long keypress of the button, we could also make it so that any length of keypress only sends out a short keypress, but I can't think of a way to combine this all back into the same button.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Does the short and long keypress on the original remote send out the same signal? If the are the same then the function is preformed by the device and not necessarily the remote. If they are different signals them maybe something could be done as Rob suggested.
flipwood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've posted the IR txt file (dvd learns 11-21.txt) in the diagnosis area. The learns for the native short key press are under DVD ffwd and rew. I attempted to learn the LKP commands under DVD 4 and 5.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flipwood wrote:
i've posted the IR txt file (dvd learns 11-21.txt) in the diagnosis area. The learns for the native short key press are under DVD ffwd and rew. I attempted to learn the LKP commands under DVD 4 and 5.

Although there are slight difference in the "sent repeateldy" for both attempts they are being translated the same.
    FWD(short) and FFWD(Long) a Protocol RC6 Device 4 efc 19
    REW(short) and FREW(Long) a Protocol RC6 Device 4 efc 11

Although I could be wrong it seems to me that the remote sends the same signal if you do a short or long keypress just repeats it fast. Have you tried doing a short followed immediately by another short to see if it does the x2, x4 etc.

The reason I am asking is that one of my TV/VCR/DVD combos does the same thing. If I hit FWD once it goes fast, if I hit it again in a short period of time it does x2 etc. What I am getting at is you may not need the LKP since what I think it is doing with the OEM is just repeating the signal just as if you hit the button multiple times. So in reality it is just a fast repeat of the same signal. You could possibly do a LKP macro with one send on short and 2 or more on long and see if that helps. And ofcourse if you hold the button it should repeat the last signal until you let go.

By the way, my device that I mentioned does not act consistenly even with the OEM either.
flipwood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesn't seem to consistently do anything.........sometimes LKP does a ffwd X2 then other times it does 2 page (chapter) forwards before switching to ffwd X2 sometimes a DKP does the same.

The tech guy at Philips who put this together ought to be dragged out into the road and slapped.

I am assuming since it sends the same signal i will need to play around with the command and adding some pauses in a DSM macro?

Any other suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: