JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Solidtek Ack-571 keyboard A,Q,S,space & esc keys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
How do you open rar files, I tried opening them with Winzip 9.0 and it couldn't open them.
You need WinRAR. Try http://tucows.com/preview/194276 It does ZIPs too.
xaust

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I noticed that the latest protocol has this bit of code associated with sending the break char:

Code:

LD   R0D,#02H
JP   XMITIR

From what I have been able to figure out searching this forum I think the 02H in register 0D is supposed to cause XMITIR to send the break char twice? If that is what is supposed to be happening I can tell you that it is not working on the URC-6131. Using DigiTrace and CaptureIR I see only a single break char being transmitted.
[/code]
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what it's supposed to do. If it doesn't work, you can just add a CALL to $0146 before the JP to $0146, that'll cause the BREAK to be sent twice.

Btw, I haven't had a free moment to play with your keyboard yet, sorry.
ahagge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new ACK-581 keyboard that I'm trying to get working for MythTV.

I tried importing the ACK-571 KM file from earlier in the thread into RemoteMaster, creating the upgrade and putting it into the RS15-1994 via IR, but no joy on any keystroke. Should it work on the 15-1994 or is a different protocol needed? Which CPU does the 15-1994 use, anyway? Is there anyone here with the chop to create one for it?

Sorry for the ignorance...redirects to FAQs welcome...
bwade_913

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahagge wrote:
I have a new ACK-581 keyboard that I'm trying to get working for MythTV.

I tried importing the ACK-571 KM file from earlier in the thread into RemoteMaster, creating the upgrade and putting it into the RS15-1994 via IR, but no joy on any keystroke. Should it work on the 15-1994 or is a different protocol needed? Which CPU does the 15-1994 use, anyway? Is there anyone here with the chop to create one for it?

Sorry for the ignorance...redirects to FAQs welcome...

I'm using this keyboard upgrade (V5) successfully with a RS 15-2117. There's no reason it shouldn't work with a 15-1994. It sounds as though you only copied the device upgrade to IR and not the protocol. You need to copy both from KM to IR.

Other things to look for:

Make sure that KM is set to create an upgrade for your specific remote.

Make sure that the keys you are trying to use are actually mapped to a function. Check this in the "Buttons" tab in KM.

Make sure that you have mapped a Device Button to the upgrade using the correct upgrade type and code. This is done in the "General" tab in IR.

It helps a lot to have two remotes so that you can learn the signals sent by your programmed remote and compare them to learned signals from the keyboard.

Good Luck,
Bret
ahagge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwade_913 wrote:
I'm using this keyboard upgrade (V5) successfully with a RS 15-2117. There's no reason it shouldn't work with a 15-1994. It sounds as though you only copied the device upgrade to IR and not the protocol. You need to copy both from KM to IR.

Thanks for the info. Actually, yes, I did create both in RM and copied both to IR. However, one thing that bothers me is that although I've been able to learn keys from numerous other remotes in my house, I've been unsuccessful at learning ANY key on the ACK-581 keyboard into my RS15-1994 remote. Thus I haven't been able to test anything so far. I have 3 of these remotes, so perhaps I'll try another one just to see if there's any problem with this particular remote.

And I DID see that the KM file that Rob posted was designed for the 15-1994, so I guess it SHOULD work. I'm starting to wonder if the ACK-581 is a different beast than the ACK-571.

<Offtopic>
Oh, one more question for any of you ACK-571 owners using Linux: Do your ESC and up-arrow keys send the correct keycodes under Linux? My ACK-581 sends a NUMLOCK keycode when the ESC key is pressed (yes, the exact same thing as when the NUMLOCK key is pressed), and sends the KP_UP keycode (the keypad up arrow) when the regular up arrow key is pressed. All other keys seem to be OK.
</Offtopic>

Back to ye olde drawing board... Confused

Update (11/27/2005): For some unknown reason, in my fumbling, I was able to get the v5 version of the KM file (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2427) to work (I think it was pulling the batteries from the remote for ~ 30 seconds that did the trick)! I'm finding that I'm having the same key repeat problems that others have reported, but I'm now VERY close. I was unable to substitute any of Rob's protocol builder files from this thread into that file though (or into IR). Rob, should I be able to do that?

I've still been unable to learn any keys, though, so I'd like to make a humble request of someone who's been successful: Can you please learn the <CTRL>-1 EFC and post it? It'd allow me to power on my Mythbox from the remote control, which would increase the WAF (wife appreciation factor) immensely! Very Happy
xaust

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahagge-

Using IR you should be able to go to the Protocol tab and Delete the existing protocol. Then do an Add and copy-paste the protocol from this forum into the Add dialog. Copy everything, i.e. "Upgrade ... End". (I am doing all this from memory - hopefully I got it.) If this does not work for you then what errors are you seeing or what is not working exactly?

I would learn the key stroke for you but Rob is analyzing my keyboard!

Also please post the details about any "repeat" related problems you are seeing after you upgrade the protocol.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xaust wrote:
I would learn the key stroke for you but Rob is analyzing my keyboard!

And he's being very slow about it! Sorry xaust, I've been snowed under with other tasks, but it's getting closer to the top of my "to do" list. If it gets to be too long, let me know and I'll drop it back in the mail.
bwade_913

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahagge wrote:
Thanks for the info. Actually, yes, I did create both in RM and copied both to IR. However, one thing that bothers me is that although I've been able to learn keys from numerous other remotes in my house, I've been unsuccessful at learning ANY key on the ACK-581 keyboard into my RS15-1994 remote. Thus I haven't been able to test anything so far. I have 3 of these remotes, so perhaps I'll try another one just to see if there's any problem with this particular remote.

I'm able to learn keys from my ACK-571 but DecodeIR isn't able to decode them, so it's not very useful.

ahagge wrote:

<Offtopic>
Oh, one more question for any of you ACK-571 owners using Linux: Do your ESC and up-arrow keys send the correct keycodes under Linux? My ACK-581 sends a NUMLOCK keycode when the ESC key is pressed (yes, the exact same thing as when the NUMLOCK key is pressed), and sends the KP_UP keycode (the keypad up arrow) when the regular up arrow key is pressed. All other keys seem to be OK.
</Offtopic>

Yes, this works fine on my Knoppmyth machine. I tested the ESC key in vi editor and it worked as expected. That said, the ESC command doesn't always work for me. MythMusic gets into modes where it doesn't respond to ESC, but does to other commands. That's been an issue with all other keyboards I've tried. I haven't noticed any issues with arrow keys. I'm using Jumppoints to get out of Mythmusic when the ESC key doesn't work.

ahagge wrote:

Update (11/27/2005): For some unknown reason, in my fumbling, I was able to get the v5 version of the KM file (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2427) to work (I think it was pulling the batteries from the remote for ~ 30 seconds that did the trick)! I'm finding that I'm having the same key repeat problems that others have reported, but I'm now VERY close. I was unable to substitute any of Rob's protocol builder files from this thread into that file though (or into IR). Rob, should I be able to do that?

Glad to hear there's another keyboard out there that works.

ahagge wrote:

I've still been unable to learn any keys, though, so I'd like to make a humble request of someone who's been successful: Can you please learn the <CTRL>-1 EFC and post it? It'd allow me to power on my Mythbox from the remote control, which would increase the WAF (wife appreciation factor) immensely! Very Happy

I'd like to help but as I said above, I'm not having any luck with DecodeIR on signals learned from my keyboard. My WAF is sitting near 0. She only uses the Tivo box and hates it when I experiment with the remotes. Very Happy

Bret
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bret, DecodeIR will only decode a signal once it has been programmed to recognize it. As you can (hopefully) see from the preceeding pages of this thread, this keyboard uses a new protocol that we haven't documented yet. We can't even get our new upgrade to work properly yet, let alone get DecodeIR to decode it for you.

Saying that learns are useless unless DecodeIR gives you all the details is not true, we use these learns to add support to those very tools.

In this case ahagge is asking for learns of a couple of buttons that he/she is unable to learn. If you are able to learn these buttons and were to post the learned info, either in the form of an IR file or the raw timing data, we would be able to add them to the current upgrade files.
xaust

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you are able to learn these buttons and were to post the learned info ...

Or you could learn them Rob from my keyboard that is in your pile somewhere Very Happy
On a serious note, if you are inundated and will not realistically get to my keyboard in the next week then send it back and I will have at it with CaptureIR and DigiTrace.
bwade_913

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Bret, DecodeIR will only decode a signal once it has been programmed to recognize it. As you can (hopefully) see from the preceeding pages of this thread, this keyboard uses a new protocol that we haven't documented yet. We can't even get our new upgrade to work properly yet, let alone get DecodeIR to decode it for you.

Saying that learns are useless unless DecodeIR gives you all the details is not true, we use these learns to add support to those very tools.

In this case ahagge is asking for learns of a couple of buttons that he/she is unable to learn. If you are able to learn these buttons and were to post the learned info, either in the form of an IR file or the raw timing data, we would be able to add them to the current upgrade files.

Yes, I understood that the learned signal data could be usable for someone like you. I just meant that I couldn't personally give ahagge the EFC asked for. And since you have one of these keyboards yourself, I didn't see any need to provide you with the learned data, but I'd be happy to do it when I'm home later this evening. Besides <CTRL>-1, what else is still needed?

Bret
xaust

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bret wrote:
DecodeIR isn't able to decode them

Actually I think that the latest version of DecodeIR (2.29) does recognize the keyboard. If I remember correctly it classifies them as "Solidtek16" protocol. See the DecodeIr.html doc that is bundled in the zip with the dll. I had CaptureIR running with this version of the DecodeIR dll and it at least identified the ACK-571 keys that I had programmed into my remote.
bwade_913

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xaust wrote:
Bret wrote:
DecodeIR isn't able to decode them

Actually I think that the latest version of DecodeIR (2.29) does recognize the keyboard. If I remember correctly it classifies them as "Solidtek16" protocol. See the DecodeIr.html doc that is bundled in the zip with the dll. I had CaptureIR running with this version of the DecodeIR dll and it at least identified the ACK-571 keys that I had programmed into my remote.

Thanks for this. I was using an old version if DecodeIR. I had upgraded IR recently and made the incorrect assumption that this upgraded DecodeIR too. Now that I'm using 2.29 it is recognizing the Solidtek16 protocol. I've uploaded Solidtek_ACK-571_learned_cntl-1.ir to the Help Files area:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2507

I've learned both CNTl-1 (CBL-3) and CNTL-C (CBL-1). Both learned signals work. I created a hotkey in my window manager to test the CNTL-1 command. The learned command is a series of five commands:

CNTL-1
Protocol Device Subdevice OBC
Solidtek16 0 0 44
Solidtek16 0 0 0
RC6-8-13-1 1 1
Solidtek16 0 1 0
Solidtek16 0 1 44

CNTL-C
Protocol Device Subdevice OBC
Solidtek16 0 0 44
Solidtek16 0 0 50
Solidtek16 0 1 50
Solidtek16 0 1 44

So far I've had no success making these commands work from an upgrade.

Bret

Last edited by bwade_913 on Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
xaust

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a noob to all this stuff but let me throw out what I think is happening.
The protocol that Rob has created for us is a "single key/auto-break creation/with repeat capability" protocol. I made this name up but I think it is descriptive. Lets take an example.

The "A" key has a keycode associated with it. Lets say you assign it to the STOP button on your remote. Now when you press the STOP button the protocol will send the "A-make-code". The protocol will then wait for a bit and if the STOP button is still down the protocol will start to send the "A-make-code" over and over until the STOP button is released. At this point the protocol will send the "A-break-code". Think of "make" and "break" as the actions associated with pressing and releasing the key on the keyboard.

The problem as I see it is that your CNTL-X key combos are a more complicated sequence of "make-a make-b break-b break-a". This is beyond the capability of the current protocol. Sounds like we need a second protocol that can handle this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: