JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2117 with dct6412 "enter" button question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get a chance, I will update the relevant files with this code.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, glad to help. Also, I learned this code several times and it always came out the same.
Xero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i know what's going on here, as I actually have noticed this same thing. Some of the new comcast remotes have the enter button programmed as "HD Zoom" which does nothing. The older remotes used enter to perform enter/music, which actually does do something.. I don't remember the OFC's for all this but I'm sure the ones listed here are the same ones as the functions I'm talking about...
MPSAN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is hd zoom, so that must be what we get when we hit enter. I do have HD and it still does nothing. I like this 15-2117 more each day.
Xero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
Yes, it is hd zoom, so that must be what we get when we hit enter. I do have HD and it still does nothing. I like this 15-2117 more each day.

if you're using a 15-2117 with a 6412 you might wanna check out my device for it in the files section, it has all that stuff taken care of and I have it tuned up so just about every button the normal remote has has an equivalent...And the enter button actually works! So yeah. There's actually a way to reprogram the enter button on those remotes that come with the 6412 but i haven't bothered. I did reprogram the "live" button to 30 second skip however...just because occasionally I'll be too lazy to go find my 15-2117 and I usually keep the stock remote on my desk...can't live without 30 second skip! It's like they were trying to rob us of the best feature. I don't know what they were thinking. And the "Live" button is the same as pressing the down arrow, so who cares? Also my device has the day up/down and page up/down buttons actually above and below eachother so it's a little less confusing then trying to remember if "day up" is on the left or right...the stock remote I have has the day up on right side but page up on the left side...wtf?

I know how you feel, I'd be pretty sad without my 15-2117. I'd probably be fine with a 15-2116 though. I don't even use the RF base station, it was causing more problems then it solved...too lazy to fix the IR babble issue when I don't even really need it...ah well it's the same thing and I got it way cheaper then a 15-2116.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I will look at your 6412 device but I am using one now. I have the 30 second skip working and the replay (15 second) working as well. I do not have day and page yet and was thinking of making them an LKP for the arrow keys. I will look at yours if I can spot it in files section.

P.S. My Enter does work as Music. All this started as I asked why the real remote did not do it... that's all.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, found it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but could everybody PLEASE post links to files when they are discussing them as it will save everybody else from having to go search for them.

Here is the file being discussed here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2323
MPSAN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...what he said. Very Happy

I think I will keep my file. I have had my ReplayTV's mapped a certain way and MY file has the 6412 mapped the same way. In fact, for my wife, this resulted in a 0 day learning curve. Near the channel rocker, I have Freeze=Favorite (N/A for replay) and Last=15 second Replay, Move =30 second skip. Handy when in the darkened room...as channel rocker is easy to feel.

The Robman wrote:
I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but could everybody PLEASE post links to files when they are discussing them as it will save everybody else from having to go search for them.

Here is the file being discussed here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2323

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: