JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2117 with dct6412 "enter" button question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: 2117 with dct6412 "enter" button question Reply with quote

I have so much working on this remote. I have my keys for the ReplayTV and the DVR (6412) working the same. My wife does not have to learn anything different.

One question I have is about the DCT6412. My 15-2117 shows enter=enter. It is a key we do not use. I hit it while thinking I was hitting sleep (power off on Hitachi TV) and the music choice channels starting at 900 come up. It is great, but I wonder why this works as enter on a real 6412 remote does nothing unless you hit a channel key. So, I like it but don't know why it works as I see no keymoves or anything.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using an upgrade for the 412, you already know what code this button is using, but if you're using a built in code there is a way to find out what code this button is using. If you do a keymove on the remote and copy this button to another button, you will be able to see, using IR.exe, what code is on the button.

Then to compare it to the real ENTER button, you can learn the real ENTER button and then see what code it uses.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an upgrade and it is EFC 082. Not sure what the real remote sends. I just wondered who figured this out? Perhaps it was something that was not done on purpose. Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you don't have the original remote anymore then? If you did still have the remote you could easily see what code the original button uses by learning it.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score! I went to dvr chatter and found 082 is enter/ music. Great...it does not seem to work on the original, however. I do have them as this is a Comcast box (I have two of them). I do not see a shift on the original remote so not sure how to have the original go to music mode, but it sure works great on the 15-2117!

I think I will use LKP on the up/down and left/right keys for page up/down and day +/- next...then I will be done.

But it is sure working great now!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do have the OEM remote, why don't you learn the ENTER button into your 15-2117 so you can see what EFC it sends. This will helpus help the next guy who has a question about this button.

I'm sorry to keep repeating the request for you to learn this button, but you seem to keep missing it.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comcast remote only take 5 digit advanced codes, so try 00082.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, and everyone, since I use an extender, I believe the learn function will not work. At any rate, I do not use the OEM remote. I just said that it is working well with the 2117...enter does bring up music...but does not seem to work that way in the OEM remote.

The code...082 (or 00082) is enter/music. In the 2117 it brings up music. In the OEM it must be just Enter so do not know if there is a shift function or not in the OEM remote...ie: how does it know if you want enter or music to be sent?.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
Rob, and everyone, since I use an extender, I believe the learn function will not work.

This is a VERY common mis-conception but it's not true. The learning feature is only disabled while you are running the extender, it's not an irreversible process. All you would need to do is load an IR file that you saved before installing the extender, or reset the remote, in order to use the learning function.

MPSAN wrote:
At any rate, I do not use the OEM remote. I just said that it is working well with the 2117...enter does bring up music...but does not seem to work that way in the OEM remote.

The code...082 (or 00082) is enter/music. In the 2117 it brings up music. In the OEM it must be just Enter so do not know if there is a shift function or not in the OEM remote...ie: how does it know if you want enter or music to be sent?.

I understand that you do not USE the OEM remote, but you still have it none the less. The question of shifting is irrelevant to this discussion. It's obvious that the ENTER button on the 15-2117 is programmed with a different EFC than what is programmed to the ENTER button on the OEM remote. We know that the EFC on the 15-2117's button is 082, what I would like to know, just for the record, is what code is programmed to the ENTER button on the OEM remote.

The way to find this info is for you to learn that button from the OEM remote, using your reset 15-2117, and then look at the learned signal in IR.exe.

Once you've got the code, you can then reload your current extender IR configuration file.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me check after work today, Rob.

Can I "unload" the extender by not hitting power, or is that just to set the battery?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need to hit POWER after you have reset the remote (typically after an upload or download). Hitting POWER activates the extender, so yes, if you haven't hit POWER yet, you haven't activated the extender.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I can remove battery then try to learn the enter key and see what it does. However, I just found my Original 15-2117 file so it may be just as easy to put it back and make it learn a code with nothing configured.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob. I learned it as well as one I knew (fav channel as a test). The Enter from the OEM is EFC 034.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MP
MPSAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I do not even see that EFC anywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: