JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cable box code conflict with preamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: cable box code conflict with preamp Reply with quote

Hey guys, been a little while...

I just recently got a preamp for my stereo system and made a custom device for it in remote master. It seemed all was well...until...

I pressed volume up to raise the volume on the preamp, then I pressed the "left" button for my motorola cable box and the preamp turns off. Infact, it does this if I press any button on the preamps remote, then the "left" or "up" button for the cable box right afterwards. It does it on my 15-2117, and also if I use the original remotes. In the 15-2117 i have the volume keys set to the preamp for all devices so it's quite easy to do this by mistake when I'm trying to raise the volume then do something with the cable box....

Is there any solution to a problem like this? I have created custom devices for both my cable box and my preamp so I have no problem messing with them some to fix it. The cable box is a Motorola 6412 and it uses the GI Cable protocol, pretty common equipment. The preamp is a Chase RLC-1 which is not so common, they went out of business a while ago and I got it off ebay. Works great, other then this problem...One thing I should mention is that the OBC of the Chase's power button is 1. This is the only clue I have to why this might be happening.

I put both the devices I made in remote master for these on my website here: http://www.xeron.cc/devices/

the motorola device is pretty much the standard 0476 code with some key repositions for my 15-2117..so the up/left from the standard 0476 code is the same thing...The chase preamp is an NEC1 device...

any help is appreciated
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: cable box code conflict with preamp Reply with quote

Xero wrote:
I put both the devices I made in remote master for these on my website here: http://www.xeron.cc/devices/

We would much prefer that you load your upgrades to the proper folder in the JP1 file section so that other users can find them.

As for the original question, there really isn't much you can do. If you really want to get your hands dirty, you could import either of the protocols into the Protocol Builder spreadsheet and try changing the timings or frequency a little, knocking the signal off spec, in the hope that the "other" device stops responding before the intended device code.

But this is somewhat advanced, it's certainly not for beginners, but if you think you can do it, give it a try.
Xero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have like 5-6 device files I've made that I've just never gotten around to uploading...I'll probably get around to it eventually..

hrmm, well I guess I might give that a shot...I think I'm up for the challenge. I think I'll try the GI cable protocol first, since it seems to be the one which is triggering it....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xero wrote:
I have like 5-6 device files I've made that I've just never gotten around to uploading...I'll probably get around to it eventually

If the upgrades are just re-works of stuff we already have then it's not important that you load them, but when you have a device like the Chase which is uncommon and there isn't a file for it in the file section, it's particularly important that you load it. It's all we ask in return for providing JP1 for free.
Xero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, most of them are reworks. I think 2 or 3 of mine would be ones which are a bit harder to find....I'll upload them once I'm done messing with the protocol stuff...

On another note, is there any place I can get the GI Cable protocol from? Or just all the protocols in a zip file or something...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xero wrote:
yeah, most of them are reworks. I think 2 or 3 of mine would be ones which are a bit harder to find....I'll upload them once I'm done messing with the protocol stuff...

On another note, is there any place I can get the GI Cable protocol from? Or just all the protocols in a zip file or something...

I'll make a deal with you, if you load the files, I'll give you the protocol code. I think that's a better idea than hoping you'll remember to load up the files when you're done messing with the protocols, after all, loading the files will take about 5 seconds whereas messing with the protocols could take days.
Xero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I'll make a deal with you, if you load the files, I'll give you the protocol code. I think that's a better idea than hoping you'll remember to load up the files when you're done messing with the protocols, after all, loading the files will take about 5 seconds whereas messing with the protocols could take days.

I actually did that right after my last post since I was left with nothing to do without the protocol code. So done deal Very Happy

I uploaded advent ht2751a, chase rlc-1, motorola 6412 (for 15-2117), and soleus air conditioner...

BTW i had an idea that perhaps changing the NEC1 code so that some extra junk is included to sort of "terminate" the signal might do the trick....I dunno I'll probably have to mess with both protocols...I've noticed that it does this with a lot more buttons then I originally thought so this is definitely something I want to fix....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for loading the files. Here's both the GI Cable protocol and the NEC protocol. The NEC code includes alot of extra logic that you won't need to keep in your version, so when you import it into PB, be sure to rip all that stuff out...

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 00 C4 (S3C8+) GI Cable (KM v8.35)
43 8B 01 8B 12 CC 4D 00 08 00 FA 08 B6 00 FA 04
51 C3 3C 11 94 08 B6 20 11 08 03 F6 FF 36 08 04
F0 C0 56 C0 F0 04 04 C0 60 C0 56 C0 F0 06 C0 10
F6 FF 36 8D 01 46 1C 08 C0 C0 10 04 1A FA AF
End

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 00 5A (S3C8+) NEC1 (KM v8.35)
43 8B 31 8B 12 CF 44 08 08 01 18 01 06 01 18 03
39 D2 DC 11 94 08 B6 20 01 08 03 37 04 15 F6 01
46 FB 10 37 0B 07 E4 05 04 60 05 8B 0E B6 04 80
B6 05 80 37 0B 05 E4 04 05 60 05 E4 06 07 60 07
20 11 37 06 05 F6 01 04 7B 12 37 09 15 37 02 06
F6 01 49 F6 01 46 37 01 03 46 29 0D 46 29 01 8D
01 49 E4 20 1E E4 21 1F 37 01 EB F6 01 49 E6 28
C1 60 04 E6 12 01 8B E4
End
Xero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrmm well i messed around with it a bit but I couldn't even get my protocol to work....I'm not sure if I have to import the thing into RM/KM each time I modify it then recreate the device or what but that seems like a hell of a lot more work...

this is really annoying me now....

out of curiousity i started up xmode2 on my computer and started monitoring the signals...I came up with this: www.xeron.cc/pics/xmode2.jpg

which makes things a little more clear...the start of the signals is almost identicle...why couldn't I have been lucky and got a preamp that uses rc-5?! ah well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: