JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie query: 9910 / pace 4000 cable box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgrigson2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Newbie query: 9910 / pace 4000 cable box Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just got myself setup with a URC9910 and JP1 cable. Is the 9910 supported in keymap master?

My goal is to generate a device file for the troublesome Pace 4000 series digital cable boxes used here in the uk. Pace use a proprietry IRDA protocol and I've already managed to get some partial functionality out of the 9910. Is anyone else interested in this? OFA europe give a setup code for the uk Kameleon 6 (1060, 1068) which don't work with my 9910. Extracting the codes from a kameleon 6 would make things much easier. I doupt that I can get the 9910 upgraded with these codes because it's a US model. The 9910 will not learn codes from the original pace remote control, not even those keys that are now functional.

many thanks

Chris Shocked
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the 9910 is supported, it's one of the remotes in the drop down box. Plus, there are upgrades for Pace IRDA boxes in the file section, so give one of them a try.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a selection in KM for "URC-9910 / 8910" (because the 9910 and 8910 are the same for JP1 activities).

There is a selection in KM for Pace. I've never examined it, but I expect it is correct. I also expect there is data on the Pace function codes somewhere in the JP1 group, but I've never looked.

Unlike most protocols you can't decode these from learned signals, because IrDA isn't learned correctly.

I'm sure UEI doesn't provide a Pace upgrade for the 9910 (because it's a USA remote as you said) but KM doesn't care that it is a USA model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: