JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DeviceToggler.txt at yahoo!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: DeviceToggler.txt at yahoo! Reply with quote

DeviceToggler.txt
Allows two setup codes to be used on each device button (New version, by John Fine, of Nicola's device-toggler protocol) 6 KB johnsfine
Jun 12, 2002

Does anybody have this for the RS15-2133 that will work with more than one device button? As this version I can not seem to get to work with more than one key/device swap running at a time on the remote as the second key/device swap will not swap back to the original device...

I don't wish to use the current 'extender' as it removes learning and volume punch through.

--David

[ps would like this for a RCU810 also]
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, all extenders remove learning as it's no longer necessary for a JP1 user (ie, you can convert all of your learned signals into upgrades and/or keymoves).

No extenders remove VPT, they improve on it.
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Just FYI, all extenders remove learning as it's no longer necessary for a JP1 user (ie, you can convert all of your learned signals into upgrades and/or keymoves).

No extenders remove VPT, they improve on it.

The above listed "extender" does not remove learning..
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Just FYI, .... No extenders remove VPT, they improve on it.

If you mean... improve = makes it more complicated to use and and a single miss-placed command in the macro will disable it ...then I agree..

Evil or Very Mad yes at the moment I am a bit gumpy Evil or Very Mad
As I stayed up till 3:am trying to get things to work and have spent most of the day because you guys keep saying it it so easy to do and I have yet to get a single macro or key move to work for me in the extender and keep looking for a "DUMMIES" guid to extenders........
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no dummies guide for extenders as they are not for dummies, typically people don't start using an extender until they are already pretty familiar with the whole JP1 process. Heck, I've been JP1-ing for 5 years and I've yet to use an extender myself (just never had the need personally). However, each extender should come with a readme file that explains how to use it.

I'm not aware of any extenders that preserve the learning function because there's absolutely no need for it when you have JP1. This thread doesn't reference any specific extender, so I don't know which one you are saying keeps learning active and I also can't judge how good it's readme file is.

As for VPT, when you use an extender, all of the buttons become meaningless, there are no "device" buttons or anything else. In order to make a device button function as a device button, you need to program a macro that selects the correct device mode. In this same macro, you would also select which device you want the volume buttons to punch through to.

As for you being grumpy, I would advise that you kepe that part to yourself, otherwise you might find that less people are willing to give you the free tech support that you obviously still need. Remember, if you don't like the free service, there are always other remotes you can buy.
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
There's no dummies guide ......

As for you being grumpy, I would advise that you kepe that part to yourself, otherwise you might find that less people are willing to give you the free tech support that you obviously still need. Remember, if you don't like the free service, there are always other remotes you can buy.

I just did not want somebody to miss-read my posting as a 'grup' at them but at myself for not being able to fully understand what I am doing wrong.....

--David
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I'm not aware of any extenders that preserve the learning function because there's absolutely no need for it when you have JP1. This thread doesn't reference any specific extender, so I don't know which one you are saying keeps learning active and I also can't judge how good it's readme file is.....

The file in question is from "MANY YEARS AGO" 2002
In your arichives do you still have the RS15-2133 version of your program / Special Protocols

DeviceToggler.txt
Allows two setup codes to be used on each device button (New version, by John Fine, of Nicola's device-toggler protocol)
6 KB johnsfine Jun 12, 2002
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Special%20Protocols/DeviceToggler.txt

I use to have a version that would allow me to have 12 devices on my little six device remote with out loosing learning or volume punch though...

I have tried to set up a second toggle using the basic program but the second one will not toggle back to the orignal setting or else I have done some thing wrong??

Following is my working toggle:

VCR SHIFT-1 <N/A> VCR 1102 $02 $55 23184

This will shift between my ReplayTV[set up code:0616/$5A $68] and my Toshiba VCR[set up code: 0061/$58 $3D]

But when I try to add a second toggle such as:

SAT/CBL SHIFT-2 <N/A> VCR 1102 $05 $BE 74363

This should shift between my DirectTivo[set up code:0618/$5A$6A] and my U.S.Digital HDTV Receiver [set up code: 2004/$5F $D4]

I can toggle out of the MAIN device but the second device does not work correcly for me then I can not toggle back.....

--David
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidEC2955 wrote:
The Robman wrote:
I'm not aware of any extenders that preserve the learning function .....

The file in question is from "MANY YEARS AGO" 2002
In your arichives do you still have the RS15-2133 version of your program / Special Protocols

DeviceToggler.txt
Allows two setup codes to be used on each device button (New version, by John Fine, of Nicola's device-toggler protocol)
6 KB johnsfine Jun 12, 2002
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Special%20Protocols/DeviceToggler.txt

The device toggler is a "special protocol" not an "extender", maybe that's part of the confusion.
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidEC2955 wrote:

This should shift between my DirectTivo[set up code:0618/$5A$6A] and my U.S.Digital HDTV Receiver [set up code: 2004/$5F $D4]

I can toggle out of the MAIN device but the second device does not work correcly for me then I can not toggle back.....

Try $35 $BE instead of $05 $BE.

Hal
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtakahar wrote:
DavidEC2955 wrote:

Try $35 $BE instead of $05 $BE.

Hal : THANKS!!

How did you come up with that figure? Where did I make my mistake??

Should I be adding an offset? IF I wanted to add a third device?

--{will not be able to try till I get home from work Monday night}--

--David
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
....The device toggler is a "special protocol" not an "extender", maybe that's part of the confusion.

And just what makes the difference??
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidEC2955 wrote:
The Robman wrote:
....The device toggler is a "special protocol" not an "extender", maybe that's part of the confusion.

And just what makes the difference??
Read some extender readme's and you'll see.

A "Special Protocol" adds a single specific functionality to your remote (either extended or unextended).

An "Extender", on the other hand, completely takes over your remote. It disables most of the normal functions of buttons like the device buttons, and "fav", and even the "light"and "shift/p/setup/magic" (depending on your remote, they're all the same thing). Most extenders further speed up macro processing (If you have a macro that starts up four pieces of equipment and selects inputs on your TV and receiver, it can take a LONG time to run without an extender). One of the other primary "benefits" of extenders is the remapping of the relatively large "learning" memory area in the EEPROM to additional "keymove/macro" area, FURTHER permitting a great deal more flexibility in programming your remote.

Just as a convenience feature, most extenders pre-install a number of popular Special Protocols (like L/DKP, DSM, Pause, ToadTog, etc.) but they are not necessarily the primary reason for HAVING an extender, and, in fact, many people delete some of these SPs since they don't use all of them.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidEC2955 wrote:

In 15-2133, VCR/0618 = $22 $6A, TV/2004 = $17 $D4. $226A xor $17D4 = $35BE.
Get the special protocols spreadsheet in the files section in this forum. It'll calculate the value for you.

Hal
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtakahar wrote:
DavidEC2955 wrote:

In 15-2133, VCR/0618 = $22 $6A, TV/2004 = $17 $D4. $226A xor $17D4 = $35BE.
Get the special protocols spreadsheet in the files section in this forum. It'll calculate the value for you.

Hal

The instruction with the files say to use the 'XOR' command in the windows built-in calcalator....

Will down load the file.. thanks!

--David
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidEC2955 wrote:
mtakahar wrote:
$226A xor $17D4 = $35BE

The instruction with the files say to use the 'XOR' command in the windows built-in calcalator....

I just tried this myself and Windows Calculator gives $35BE as the result. Perhaps your hex setup codes ($226A, $17D4) were wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: