JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sylvania Video Cassette recorder & DVD player mod srd290

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oejones2443

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: Sylvania Video Cassette recorder & DVD player mod srd290 Reply with quote

I need a setup code for this player. Question Or some way to contact Sylvania tech support. oejones@netbox.com
usblipitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an upgrade in the DVD folder called SylvaniaTV-DVDCombo.txt but you may need a jp1 cable and the (free) JP1 software to use it.

Do you have a learning remote, an original remote, and/or a jp1 cable?
JP1Files
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OE, please read the sticky thread entitled "The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)" and then supply the answers to the following two questions contained in that thread:

1) Do you have a LEARNING JP1 remote?
2) Do you still have an original working remote for the device in question?
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from PM to usblipitor, 11/25/2003 2:43pm. Oejones2443 wrote:
Yes, I beleive I have a learning remote. It says on the box that it can 'learn codes directly from other remotes'. It is a Radio Shack, 6 in 1 Smart Remote. #15-2104. I have also ordered and received a jp1 cable, and tried it out, and downloaded the software. It works. I also found the Sylvania TV-DVD Combo.txt file and downloaded that. And I have the original remote, but have since misplaced the manual which goes with it.
Now, what do I do with all of this good stuff?
I really appreciate you answering my question. By the way where did you find this Sylvania info? Thanks a bunch.

Sincerely,
O.E. Jones
OE,
You are making progress. Have you tried loading the sylvania tv-dvd file to KM/RM? Here you can tweak the layout of the remote so the functions are on the buttons you want them to be on. Then copy the device/protocol boxes to IR.exe and upload to your remote and let us know how it worked! All these steps are explained in greater detail in the beginner's guide, which I just happen to have a link to in my signature line.

My next step, if the above did not work, would be to use the learning features of the remote to learn some buttons off the original remote. I do not have a 15-2104 so I can't tell you how to use it to learn, but I will try to find out for you, unless an expert tells us before I figure it out.

As to where I got the sylvania info, it is from the yahoo jp1 files area which you should join for free and check out the device upgrades folder. I cannot take credit for this file. "I but stand on the shoulders of giants."
JP1Files
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: