JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

any way to increase storage for SCAN/FAV ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chas6000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: any way to increase storage for SCAN/FAV ?? Reply with quote

8910 with extender ex_1, IR6.15

would be nice to be able to put more channels in list.

thanks!!
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the remote's software is the limiting factor.
If two lists could be used, preferably each for a different device (I don't use it for channels), and if we could code keymoves to select the fav device and the list, along the lines of Advanced Select protocol, and if the extender could keep track of which list to use and position within each list, well, then we might get 30 macros squeezed in.

I know I'm dreaming, but I suspect it can be done. Tougher things have been accomplished by the extender writers Smile.
I wonder if Nils can think about it again or David or Hal. See also http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1845
chas6000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Eliz --

out of curiosity - what do you use the FAV list for ...?

ElizabethD wrote:
I think the remote's software is the limiting factor.
If two lists could be used, preferably each for a different device (I don't use it for channels), and if we could code keymoves to select the fav device and the list, along the lines of Advanced Select protocol, and if the extender could keep track of which list to use and position within each list, well, then we might get 30 macros squeezed in.

I know I'm dreaming, but I suspect it can be done. Tougher things have been accomplished by the extender writers Smile.
I wonder if Nils can think about it again or David or Hal. See also http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1845
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chas6000 wrote:
out of curiosity - what do you use the FAV list for ...?
Receiver inputs. I have discrete codes for each source but no toggle. To complicate matters, I have 2 receivers to talk to. Which is why I want two lists Very Happy
It's the same (mad) idea as surfing the channels on TV, instead we can surf audio without switching the whole group of gear which DKP on device keys do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: