JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Where to purchase OFA 8910 / 9910 in the UK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nigel Flynn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Where to purchase OFA 8910 / 9910 in the UK Reply with quote

Just a short note to confirm that the OFA 8910 and 9910 URC's are now available in the UK from www.ebuyer.co.uk

To my knowledge, these remotes were only available in the US until fairly recently. They are currently available for:

URC-8910 @ £15.00 (pounds) inclusive of VAT
URC-9910 @ £22.99 (pounds) inclusive of VAT
URC-9960 @ £29.99 (pounds) inclusive of VAT

Above prices are subject to a minimal carriage charge.

Before you ask, I do not have an invested interest!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that they also have the Kameleon, so I added that to your list. I also noticed that the pictures of the 8910 and 9910 remotes show the older model with the donut ring, but I doubt that that is really what they are selling as the donut version has been out of circulation for quite a while.

Also, hopefully this following warning is unnecessary, as this is a JP1 forum, but just in case...

Please remember that these remotes are made for the US market, therefore they will be missing many codes that you would need to use them in the UK market. European customer support won't have info on these US remotes, and US customer support won't have info on UK devices. Therefore, please don't buy these remotes unless you are prepared to add new codes yourself using JP1.
Nigel Flynn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: OFA 8910, 9910 and 9960 in the UK Reply with quote

Hi Rob

Thanks for the additional info on the OFA Kameleon URC.

A phone call to OFA in the US confirmed the existence of codes 0847 (for the Sky Digibox) and 1291 (for the Thomson DTI 1000 Freeview) which I duly downloaded via the integral modem. However, many of the major functions were missing which finally made me build the JP1 cable etc.

I am so grateful for all of your help and hope my recent 'uploads' based on existing codes are of help to other JP1 users. Thanks of course go to all of the other forum members who were kind enough to develop the original RM codes.

Best Regards

Nigel
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nigel,
If you get a chance, could you try contacting ebuyer and ask them to verify if they are selling the arrow key version of the 8910/9910 or the donut ring version (as pictured on their site).

Thanks
Nigel Flynn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: OFA 8910 and 9910 URC styles Reply with quote

Hi Rob

The 8910 I purchased recently was a new model: 8910B02.

I assume that ebuyer have used the wrong image for both models.

Incidentally, their web site should read www.ebuyer.com and not www.ebuyer.co.uk as shown in original message. Sorry!

Best Regards

Nigel
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: