JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Import from IR to KM?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blintner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Import from IR to KM? Reply with quote

Is there a way to import a device from IR to KM for editing? I don't want to create a new spreadsheet from a blank one, nor do I want to use one that someone else has already set up. I have already done some manual edits and would like to keep them, but there may be some additional things I would like to try.

Also, Question 2; how does one go about creating those txt files as seen in yahoo/JP1files/device codes ?

Bill
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Import from IR to KM? Reply with quote

blintner wrote:
Is there a way to import a device from IR to KM for editing? I don't want to create a new spreadsheet from a blank one, nor do I want to use one that someone else has already set up. I have already done some manual edits and would like to keep them, but there may be some additional things I would like to try.

There is no easy way to go from IR to KM or for that matter RM. All that can be done is to manually create the device in KM or RM from the info in IR or use someone elses device upgrade.

blintner wrote:
Also, Question 2; how does one go about creating those txt files as seen in yahoo/JP1files/device codes ?

Bill

And the answer to number 2 is number 1. Thise .txt files in yahoo/JP1files/device codes are the saved files from KM.
blintner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, is there a source for the virgin device codes that come direct from UEI to load into KM?

Bill
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blintner wrote:
In that case, is there a source for the virgin device codes that come direct from UEI to load into KM?

Bill

I am not sure what you are asking Bill. If you are looking for the EFC codes for the protocols/devices that reside in the remote the best source is the Devices4.xls spreadsheet in the files section or learning the codes from the remote to another remote and decode them with IR or Rob's web site http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/.

The best however is to use someone elses upgrade for the existing device since it will inevitably have more buttons defined in it than the virgin device does.
blintner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand that I can get someone elses upgrade to load KM, but then I would have to change the things about his/her upgrade that I don't want and then add the ones that I have already made. I guess I was just wondering about how to start from scratch and modify a device to my own liking without having to undo someone elses changes.

Bill

PS thanks Nils for your responses, I am going to be away from the computer for a while so if I don't respond to any messages promptly that's why.

Bill
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blintner wrote:
Yes, I understand that I can get someone elses upgrade to load KM, but then I would have to change the things about his/her upgrade that I don't want and then add the ones that I have already made.

Chances are you won't have to change much other than the remote model and possibly a few button assignments. Plus, it's a whole lot easier than starting from scratch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: