JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR and Replay 5k Remote - Is Download working?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dblock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: IR and Replay 5k Remote - Is Download working? Reply with quote

I just got a parallel JP1 cable, downloaded all the software, following directions in the forum, When I start IR, I run the "Check Interface..." test, and it says all is OK, but when I download, the Genral Tab shows just two lines in the "Device Buttons" panel on the left:
# Device Button Type Code
1 TV TV 0047
2 Replay VCR 1614

I expected to see a longer list, including every button. Is the software wrong, or am I? FWIW, I also tried the same thing on a second machine and got identical results.

Thanks in advance
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The General tab shows you the devices, types and setup codes (kind of like the language that that button should use for that device). Select a device and then go to the "Devices" tab which shows you the buttons and function codes for that particular device (i.e. the words or commands that specific buttons issue to the device).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's only true when the setup codes are upgrades, in this case he's only using built in setup codes, so what you see is about all there is to show.

The point of JP1 is not so much to show you a bunch of info, it's to give you the ability to re-program the remote, primarily using upgrades.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
That's only true when the setup codes are upgrades
Of course it is, sorry. I wa thinking back to the first time I downloaded from my 7562 and recalled the codes that I saw but of course it was a second-user remote and had upgrades on it (whether put there by JP1-ing or by modem or by a factory upgrade). The basic factory setup codes are in ROM and IR reads from the EEPROM so no upgrades means nothing in the Devices tab (...yet, I trust).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: