JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC8910 HT Power Button help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildbillz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: URC8910 HT Power Button help Reply with quote

Basic question, is there anyway to program the power button on the 8910 to power off the tv (or do anything?) while in HT mode? By default it won't transmit anything.
lisadaveh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont remember if the remote does this by default, but oftentimes the power button is a function of the PIP mode, so maybe you could try assigning the pip buttons in the home theater mode and that might support the power button in HT (although the manual doesnt really show the power button in HT mode)

I have the 8810 remote and have put the 6012 extender on it. It has been so long since I didnt use the extender, that I forget whether the power button was available in the unextended remote. I highly suggest you try the extender for this remote, it has been well worth the effort for myself. I am very happy to have macros on the device keys, and currently have the power button in HT mode power everything in my Home theater off. If you just sit down and commit 2-3 hrs to putting the extender in, it will be well worth your time, and really isnt that hard.

Last edited by lisadaveh on Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lisadaveh wrote:
I have the 8910 remote and have put the 6012 extender on it.

I hope that's a typo (8910 vs 8810) because the 6012 extender will NOT work on an 8910. Shocked
lisadaveh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, of coruse, a type-o after all the 8 and 9 are soooo close together. he he he
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: URC8910 HT Power Button help Reply with quote

wildbillz wrote:
Basic question, is there anyway to program the power button on the 8910 to power off the tv (or do anything?) while in HT mode?

Sure, via a simple keymove or macro, while the remote is in HT mode. I took a quick look at the RDF for your remote, but it's missing the key code for the HT power button. Switch your remote to HT mode. Create a simple macro on the HT power button. Download the remote in IR and the macro tab will read KeyXX = ..... where XX is the key code of the HT power button in decimal format. Tell us this key code, since Nils have to insert it in the distribution.

Uwe
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: