JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ToadTog 2116 help with input tracking

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adale

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: ToadTog 2116 help with input tracking Reply with quote

i currently have a Samsung HDTV with multiple inputs but only a tog for choosing them. (has 2 av - compsite inputs, 1 svideo, 1 ant -coax/rf, 3 component - 480i/p , 480p and 480p/1080i)

I would like to try and use toadtog to track these and have it where i can press the dvd button and it switch the input on the tv and the reciever to watch a dvd, and the same for the other devices, Directivo on svideo, and vcr on one composite input.

any ideas on how to start doing this.

currently i have the ext2 loaded and have the buttons to do the following.

1. press dvd, switches the reciever to the right channel, and displays DVD on the lcd.
2. press SAT, switches the reciever to the right channel, and displays TIVO on lcd
3. press VCR, switches the reciever to the right channel and displays VCR on lcd

course all the above default to there required functins and locks the volume on the reciever.

on the Samsung TV the dvd player in on component1 , the TIVO is on SVIDEO, the VCR is on AV1, the TIVO is on a straigt run to the tv on AV2 so the wife dosnt have to use the steario reciever if she dosnt want to.

TV inputs togle like so ANT -> AV1 -> AV2 -> Svideo -> component1
then repeat

if you can help or have experience with it please help, the Samsung tv usese code 0060
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to set up toadtog to select the video inputs on my Samsung TV but it just got too complex. I just figured out the base for the tv and it worked out good. I use Component1 as the base using EFC 171 and TV Video EFC 185 to toggle thru the AV side. Then I just count from there. In other words if I want AV1 I just do:

EFC 171 (always goes to Component1), EFC 185 (goes to Svideo) , EFC 185 again (goes to ANT) , EFC 185 again (goes to AV1).

I uploaded the IR file for my RS2116 to the User configuration section of jp1 file section. It is Called "RS2116 Current.rxt". The keymove you are interested in are #13 thru 17 and are executed in the first few keymoves above on the device buttons.

I hope this helps.
johann83

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You CAN do what you want using ToadTogs, but as Nils said it gets complicated very quickly. I had actually set up ToadTogs for a device with only three states that used two nested ToadTogs. It worked, but was rather difficult to set up, and even worse if things got "out of sync".

Since your device has more than 4 states, you would need to use 3 nested ToadTogs to get all the states (each ToadTog bit doubles the number of states you can support, i.e. 1 = 2 states, 2 = 4 states, 3 = 8 states). In that case, it would be even more difficult than what I had to deal with, so I would definitely recommend looking at other options. My adventure in nested ToadTogs resulted in me coming up with another way to do it.

TV's often have "features" that you can take advantage of to help. For example, my TV switches to ANT if you press the channel up/down buttons. I use this in a macro to get me to the input I need. For example, I have a macro that looks like this:
POWER; CH+; CH-; TV/VCR; TV/VCR
And this is guaranteed to leave me in Video2 mode (ANT->Video1->Video2). You may want to see if your TV does something similar.
adale

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
    EFC 171 (always goes to Component1), EFC 185 (goes to Svideo) , EFC 185 again (goes to ANT) , EFC 185 again (goes to AV1).

I uploaded the IR file for my RS2116 to the User configuration section of jp1 file section. It is Called "RS2116 Current.rxt". The keymove you are interested in are #13 thru 17 and are executed in the first few keymoves above on the device buttons.

so are you saying that no matter what EFC 171 goes the componet1? If my tv will do that , it would be great!!!!

i have a samsung pcn5425r if anyone has any experaince with this let me know.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam, I would just try the commands that toggle thru Component and AV modes and see if anything consistent like I outlined above works then you have a base to start from. Once you have a base then you can count commands in the macro from there. You can try the EFC's I listed but the ones you already have for these functions will probably also work. I just know the ones I listed are generaly consistent on Samsung TV's
adale

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks,

i downloaded your config lastinight to look at it i noticed the code for tv you used was 1060 (but it appers you added it)

did the defalult code of 0060 work with your tv?

the one thing i was wondering was where do i start to try and find the base code (i am taking that your implying that the base code will always change to a certain input?)

thanks for helping me out, my wife will love it if i get all this fixed.

I am not currently with the tv ( i want be back home until friday)
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adale wrote:
ok thanks,

i downloaded your config lastinight to look at it i noticed the code for tv you used was 1060 (but it appers you added it)

did the defalult code of 0060 work with your tv?

0060 actually works but 1060 has more buttons added than the original 0060 and I set the buttons where I want them.

adale wrote:
the one thing i was wondering was where do i start to try and find the base code (i am taking that your implying that the base code will always change to a certain input?)
I am not currently with the tv ( i want be back home until friday)

I would start with the buttons you now have that toggles thru the AV inputs and the component inputs to see if either one takes you to the same place every time. In other words hit the button for component and see where it takes you. Then hit the button for AV and see where it takes you. Then hit component again and see if it takes you back to the same component. With my TV every time I hit AV then component it take me to component1. Every time I hit component then AV it takes me to SVideo.
adale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well on my origanal remote i only have one button that does the tog for all inputs.

i guess i will just have to play when i get to the house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: