JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Discrete Codes for LiteOn 5005 DVD-R
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

varaonaid wrote:
Were you able to successfully open the .txt file in RM?
Yes.
varaonaid wrote:
I'm switching over to it but so far can't get it to open a .txt file. I was wondering if maybe the file was messed up.
The file is fine. Does the RM program open? If so, when you select "File-Open", when the dialog box opens, you need to select "KeymapMaster" or "All"-"device upgrade files" in the "Files of type" drop-down menu. Otherwise, it will only display RM files in the window.
varaonaid wrote:
OK, so after I get it opened in RM, I can tryout those different OBC's.
You don't NEED RM to do this. You can do the same in KM. Either look at the EFCs that correspond to your "candidate" OBCs on the "Code List" Tab and use those, or on the functions page in cell 1A, the "SWAP EFC/OBC" button will allow you to enter OBC, vice EFCs.
varaonaid wrote:
I know this is a pathetically basic question but do I simply assign those OBC protocols to a button, upload it to IR then to remote, try the codes on the machine and start again (until I find one that works)?
Yes, basically. Just create dummy functions (call them "OBC test XXX") on the functions page of KM or RM, assign the OBCs in question, then assign a bunch of them to buttons, paste the new upgrade to IR and then upload to your remote and test away. You may also find that "play" or "Open/Close" turns the unit on.

By the way, I've seen (and posed) more "pathetically basic questions" than these. I'm no expert myself, but occasionally I get on here and try to answer some basic stuff with which I'm familiar, so the experts can focus on cracking and writing new protocols and such.
varaonaid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've realized I have a problem with my RM install because on my other computer, RM imports .txt files beautifully. I've deleted the folder to attempt to uninstall and will try again.
whompus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I did just to keep it right in my head. I made all the fake upgrades first. I used the # buttons only and put obc 1 on button 1 and obc 2 on button 2 and so on and named that upgrade 2000 so the last 2 digits correspond to the obc I used. Then for the teens I put obc 11 on button 1 and 12 on button 2 and so on. Named that one 2001 so the 01 tells me it is the teens.

That way if I found that upgrade 6 button 5 was a discrete I would know that button 5 on upgrade 6 is obc 55 without going back to see what obc I put on what button.

Then if I want to hunt on other devices I can just open the fake upgrades and change the protocol and such to the new device and have the obc already set to the # buttons. Took a bit longer to make the hunter upgrades this way but for the next hunt will not take long at all.
RMSko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Power On & Power Off discretes Reply with quote

I'm really new to this and have tried to follow these posts, but haven't been able to "get it". Anyway, I'm just looking for a power on and power off hex code for this device for a Pronto remote. Can anyone help me get those?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see nothing in this thread to make one believe this device has any power discretes.

There is a lot of discussion about how to use JP1 to try all 256 possible commands and see if any are discretes. But no one said any discrete was actually found.

With a Pronto, you can use the MakeHex Program and IRpanels to make a CCF that can be used to test all 256 commands.

First you need to know the protocol and device number. I'm sure you could get that from one of the files mentioned in this thread. But are you really sure it's the same device? It's probably better to get the protocol and device number by decoding one of your own learned signals.
RMSko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: