JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thanks For all the fish... Opps wrong forum..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Thanks For all the fish... Opps wrong forum.. Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you 'HARDWARE GEEKS' that have allow me to combine my multi-system remotes into a single remote!!

And I know that at time I can fully understand the steps that are given here but at other times I am at a total loss!!..

But again thank!! for all the Help!!

JP1 Remote model(s) that I own:
URC-9811B00[HT-PRO]
RCA RCU810B [ four of these as the wife likes the feel ]
Radio Shack 6-in-1 Kameleon™ Touch-Screen Remote 15-2133
Radio Shack 8-in-1 Touch-Screen Remote 15-2107

As this is the type of hobby that once you have your remote set you may not need to 'Upgrade' till you have a hardware failure or upgrade/replace.... and in my case it has almost been a good ten months [iLo DVDR04 DVD+R] since I was last here!

Again I can not really put into words how grateful I am!!

I really like the work done on the: Java based 'IR Master'
[Just wished key code input area could be sized with a larger font type size.. for older eyes!!]

Its a shame that this little function of this line of remotes is becoming harder and harder to find in the market place! [If I read things correctly this is due to a change in the ROM being used?!?]

--David
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks For all the fish... Opps wrong forum.. Reply with quote

DavidEC2955 wrote:
Its a shame that this little function of this line of remotes is becoming harder and harder to find in the market place! [If I read things correctly this is due to a change in the ROM being used?!?]
The new remotes from UEI use a new processor with flash memory compared to the current EEPROM arrangement.
bevhoward

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a larger font type size.. for older eyes!!

Know the feeling... errr, picture

fwiw, most video card drivers and windows have some options...

My card is an nVidia which has a "zoom window" option that I have assigned a keystroke to when the need arises.

Also, since most apps pull their displays from the os settings, windows has the option for "large fonts"

desktop/rightclick/properties/appearance/fontsize

Not a perfect solution, but it helps a lot.

In addition, you can also lower the screen resolution, but, again, the best way to do this is if your adapter offers "profiles" such as nVidia does where you can set up different resolutions for different needs such as dealing with apps that render too small on a high res screen... for example, RemoteMaster does well for me on a 1024x768 setting but you could set an 800x600 which puts RM at full screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: