JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NO hex on irscope

View previous topic :: View next topic  
isaksen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: NO hex on irscope Reply with quote

Hi

I have A Ir widgets and i am trying to read my remote control from my IPTV. But the problem is when i am scanning the code it will only show the graphic display but decodeir are empty. I don't now the brand for my IPTV. (Now Brand) But how can i convert all this information the grahpic display are showing to some hex and device. so i can make my remote control to slingbox
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that normally your widget is giving you a decode but in this case its not giving you anything in the box?
if NO, make sure you have the decodeIR DLL in the same directory as the widget's IRSCOPE and start over!

I haven't seen it where you get "nothing" in the decode area, I usually get GAP when something doesn't decode. However since you are not getting a decode and you DO normally get decodes, its probably a new protocol.

Assuming you have a protocol that is not decoding, you'll need to get that information into a file for submission to the diagnosis area, so that a protocol expert can look at it.

Its best to put this in an excel spreadsheet, but a notepad file will work too.

1)In IRSCOPE learn a key
2)Press the View button
3)Right click on the last ICT file in the list
4)Edit with Notepad
5)Copy all the timings
6)Switch to Excel
7)Type the name of the function in a new column
8)in the row below paste the timings
9)Repeat steps 1 through 8 until you have ALL of the keys in a spreadsheet.

Submit it to the diagnosis area and ask for a protocol decode.

The aim here, is to get this information, into a convenient form for the protocol expert. If you don't have excell, simply putting the information in one long notepad file will work too.

I like to see my timings vertically like this, but most of the protocol experts like to see the timings horizontally, so all they have to do is to copy the keys and paste transposed.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
isaksen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deocdeir is in the irscope folder i can see the decode menu under the irscope screen. But I think the problem with this brand is that it is a lokal dealer in denmark that have this iptv box and they want their own protocol for all the products they have.

But i can read all the codes and put them into ecxel and upload them on this forum. But do you want all the keys from the remote or only few of them?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The protocol experts want ALL of the buttons. The bigger the sample, the "easier" it is to see the pattern. Of course there is no way that finding the pattern is easy. Its like doing extra, extra hard sudoku. Then once the pattern is found a custom executor can be written.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Kevin Timmerman
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to look at a *.ict file in Excel, just rename it to *.csv and double click it to open in Excel. No need to copy/paste.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you want to look at a *.ict file in Excel, just rename it to *.csv and double click it to open in Excel. No need to copy/paste.

That's good to know, however in this case we want all the different buttons in one file for easy manipulation, so there will still be cut and paste procedures.

mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I see that you are Danish and that there has been a recent issue from Denmark:
The_Dexter wrote:
I now theres a lot of Danes out there with the new TDC TV IPTV and who is the happy owner of a slingbox but cant shift channels, because the STB/remote is not recognized by the Slingbox nor ir.exe

The remote is to a Danish IPTV STB ftom the Danish Telephone/ISP provider TDC.

The product is called "TDC TV"

This protocol is not recognised by DecodeIR and will show up as an empty screen on the IR Widget. See this thread. Rob has posted a .rmdu (RemoteMaster) file that operates that STB, there is a link in that thread. You might try it before you go to a lot more trouble to supply the info we need to create a dedicated one for you. I have also updated DecodeIR to recognise this protocol, but that is not yet public as it still has to be vetted by John Fine, the author of DecodeIR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: