JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AVS VS-14 Video Switch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
airauto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: AVS VS-14 Video Switch Reply with quote

I'm using a 6131 extender remote and JP1 cable from the Robman. I've loaded 5 upgrades from the Yahoo Group JP1 Files to control a Pioneer VSX810 receiver, a Sony RDR-GX7 DVD Recorder, a Daewoo VCR/DVD combo, a Philips Series 1 TiVo and a Toshiba TV. All work well. I recently bought a Uninex VS-14 Selector Switch with remote. I downloaded the following and loaded them, but I can't get the the switch to work. Can someone provide some suggestions? Thanks.

AVS_VS-14-KM-tested.txt
AVS VS-14 Video Selector - Tested 5 KB alehaz
Offline Aug 26, 2003

AVS_VS14_California_Switch.txt
AV Remote Selector Switch model VS-14 "custom manufactured in China for AVS California USA" 4 KB usblipitor999
Offline Jan 6, 2004
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's links to the files:
AVS_VS-14-KM-tested.txt
airauto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob. But I've tried both of these files, and I can't get either one to work my video selector. Any other suggestions?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

airauto wrote:
Thanks Rob. But I've tried both of these files, and I can't get either one to work my video selector. Any other suggestions?

Uhh... Rob didn't post the links for your benefit, airauto. He was covering for you, since you failed to post such links. The protocol on these boards is that when you refer to a file, you should post a link to it, to allow anybody inclined to help you an easier time looking at it.
airauto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, thanks for setting me straight.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can suggest is that you load your IR file into the Diagnosis Area (and post a link to it!!! Wink ) so we can verify that you didn't make any mistakes in adding the upgrade.

Assuming that there aren't any user errors, I have to assume that this particular model uses different signals to the one that was used for the posted upgrades. That being the case, you will need to find a way to get the signals captured.

The best method would be for you to pick up a JP1 learning remote and capture them yourself. Otherwise, you should ask whether any other JP1 user would be willing to do it for you, with you sending your OEM remote to them (and you picking up the postage costs).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a little digging to see what discussions there were regarding this protocol.

The subject was first raised on 08/08/2003 by "alehaz" (aka Eric) in this old Yahoo thread...
AVS VS-14 input selector

Jon Armstrong created the folloing PB file for it:
AVS_VS-14_Protocol-PB.txt

Eric then loaded the following upgrade:
AVS_VS-14-KM-tested.txt

The other upgrade was created by usblipitor999 (aka Steve Gordon) on 01/06/2004:

The 2nd upgrade uses another home-made protocol. They appear to be pretty much the same upgrade, excpet that the minimum repeats is higher in the 2nd one. Also, the OBC and device code values are complimented between the 2 upgrades.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airauto wrote:

In light of Rob's preceding post, did you in fact add BOTH the device upgrade AND the protocol upgrade to IR?

If you only added the device upgrade, then it's not going to work, since it's a custom-built protocol.

(If you DID, no offence was intended, it's just not clear what you did from your post)
airauto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did load the device and protocol upgrades from both files Rob mentioned, but neither worked. I guess the next thing to do is get a jp1 learning remote. Thanks for your help.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

airauto wrote:
I guess the next thing to do is get a jp1 learning remote.

You know, if you don't want to buy a JP1 learner, SOME people have in the past "borrowed" one from Circuit City, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or Radio Shack, to wit: buy the remote (RS 2116, URC 8910 or whatever), use it to learn and decode what you need, and then return it - within the 30-day "no questions asked" return period.

I would never suggest doing this, but I thought you might like to know what others have done in the past. Wink
airauto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's good to know what others have done...
airauto

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turned out that I don't have an AVS VS-14, it's a Uninex VS-14. That didn't help much, I finally got a learning remote with jp1. It is a RS 15-2138, but I couldn't learn the codes. I finally used an old Pioneer learning remote to learn the codes and relearned (taught) them to the 15-2138 so I could analyze them. That worked fine. It turned out to be a NEC1 protocol. Knowing that I was able to get what I needed.

With that said, does anyone know of problems with the learning mode of an RS 15-2138? This isn't the first time I've had problems learning with this remote. I've read and tried the suggestions on learning remotes in the other posts, but it definitely couldn't learn the VS-14 codes directly.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to load your upgrade when you're done!
airauto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade is loaded here: Uninex VS-14.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that all of the device code fields are blank in that upgrade, is that because you found that the device code was zero?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: