JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Daytek Plasma
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Daytek Plasma Reply with quote

1. Device: Daytek 42' Plasma
2. Type of device: TV
3. JP1 Remote model: 9911
4. JP1 user? Yes
5. Still have original remote? yes
6. Checked the file section? yes
7. Checked the Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
8. Partially working setup code? no
9. Learning remote question? I can learn codes for what is there, but I was hoping someone had a complete setup.. what I am looking for are discrete codes for the source selection/power. Also, the learned codes seem a little strange in that they all have different Sub-Devices and the protocol is "Gap-556-1323-24?". I can upload the learned codes if that is of interest to anyone

Thank you in advance for all your help
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused by what you're looking for, so let me try to clarify. In a previous post you mentioned that you were using the extender for the 9910. You know that extender doesn't support learned codes, right? Are you planing on ditching the extender temporarily?

Now for some things to try. First of all, the GAP decodes don't provide enough informatoin for anyone to make a device upgrade from. They loosely describe the signal, but are mainly a placeholder to let us know that the signal wasn't recognized by DecodeIR.DLL.

So the first thing you should do is download the latest version of DecodeIR.DLL from here. You'll need to copy it to your Windows directory or to the directory that contains IR.EXE (whichever you prefer). Load the image with the learned signals and see if you still get the GAP decodes.

If you still get the GAP decodes then you can help us to recreate the protocol used by your TV. This is going to require some work on your part. We're going to need you to learn as many codes as possible then upload your remote's image to the diagnosis area. Most likely John Fine (the author of DecodeIR.DLL) will be the one to help recreate the protocol, but if the protocol is simple enough, I may be able to help too.

If the protocol is recognized by DecodeIR.DLL, then you will be able to create an upgrade on your own. To find discrete codes you would need to try all available OBCs -- but be forwardned. On some televisions there are "self-destruct" signals which can make your TV non-functional. Or your could try to get information from the manufacturer (which is often not successful).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But whatever you do, please load a copy of your IR image with the learned signals present into the Diagnosis Area so we can see what the signals really look like.
jeffp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks. I still had my old DecodeIR.dll, when I got the latest one things looked much better.. It has the protocol as dgtec, but I am a tiny bit confused now because I don't see that as a protocol option in RemoteMaster.. Is it there in the KM app? (I don't currently have Excel on my machine). Do you still want me to upload my learned signals?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not in KM. If you don't see it in RM either, John will have to advise you how to proceed.
jeffp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Robman... this board has excellent support.. I barely get a question up before a response is posted...do I need to send anything to John to make him aware of this question?
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffp wrote:
Thanks, Robman... this board has excellent support.. I barely get a question up before a response is posted...do I need to send anything to John to make him aware of this question?

Nope, he reads the forums regularly. And the fact that DecodeIR.dll has a name for the protocol is a good sign -- it means there's a good chance his job is partly done.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been busier at home than usual and right now I'm in a room with too many kids and not enough air conditioning, so both too much noise and too much heat for rational thought.

If you find DecodeIr recognises something and still have questions, the next place to look is DecodeIr's documentation. I just looked at the dgtec entry
http://john.fine.home.comcast.net/ir/DecodeIr.html#Dgtec

I don't recall dgtec at all (but that isn't unusual). Notice it lists a UEI protocol and identified the EFC translation method as LSB comp. With that info several of the experts would know how to make a custom upgrade in KM and a few would know how to make a protocols.ini entry for RM.

If no one does so soon, then when I'm a little less stressed I'll create a protocols.ini entry.
jeffp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.. I will keep a watch on the board.. No rush, If you get a chance to do something, it will be appreciated.
jeffp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to create the protocol.ini entry if I am given just a little bit of a heads up... I understand what the entry is doing in a general sense, but I am, of course, in the dark as to which processor I need to create the upgrade for and how the upgrade bytes are actually derived. Is that info documented somewhere?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't been able to get to this yet.

The RDF files list which protocol ID's are built-in. If PID is built-in for the remote you want to use, then the protocols.ini entry doesn't need to provide processor code for any processor.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
But whatever you do, please load a copy of your IR image with the learned signals present into the Diagnosis Area so we can see what the signals really look like.

Jeff, did you ever load a copy of your IR file up for us to look at?

If you don't want to wait for the protocol.ini update, you can create your upgrade using KM.

You'll need to select the "Manual Settings" option in the protocol box. You'd enter the device code that is displayed in IR.exe. You'll have to enter the protocol id (which is "016A") and select LSB-COMP as the signal style. Make sure that "None" is selected for the 2nd Cmd Byte box and that 8 is entered into both the Bits/Dev and Bits/Cmd boxes.

You'll need to add the protocol code yourself, so you should add this to the Notes panel...

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 6A (S3C8+)
43 8B 11 8B 12 CF 4D 08 08 01 14 01 06 01 14 03
3F D2 E2 11 94 08 BA E4 04 05 60 05 20 10 8D 01
End

I have created a starter file for you here...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1937

All you need to add is the device code along with the OBCs and function names.
jeffp

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jsut uploaded the file with some of the learned codes into the file section called DGTech Capture. I do not have excel installed, so I am going to have to see if Ican get that going, but I am encouraged to know that I can do this on my own, I do hate to dump this onto others. I will give a try at getting KM runnin in the next day or so
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's considered polite to post a link to any files that you want people to look at (like I did in my post):

Here's Jeff's file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1938

I have updated my KM file to reflect the device code of 8 that is shown in the learned signals. I also included the 5 buttons that you learned, which I have placed on the 4 arrow buttons and the SELECT button.

If you want to verify whether this is in fact the right protocol, test out this upgrade...

Upgrade Code 0 = 0F D0 (TV/2000) Daytek 42' Plasma (KM v8.31)
6A 00 00 F9 EF C7 37 87 F7 7F
End

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 6A (S3C8+) Custom Protocol for TV/2000 Daytek 42' Plasma (KM v8.31)
43 8B 11 8B 12 CF 4D 08 08 01 14 01 06 01 14 03
3F D2 E2 11 94 08 BA E4 04 05 60 05 20 10 8D 01
End
jeffp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Robman.. I just realized that I don't even need to use KM or RM... All I need out of the tv is on/off and the input selects, but my desire is to find discretes for them all, so I can just load up that device and protocol and hunt away just programming my remote for all 255 one byte codes and just recording what they each do... is that correct? is there more I can try if I don;t find them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: