JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete Power ON/OFF codes for Panasonic TX-80V02A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sikk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Discrete Power ON/OFF codes for Panasonic TX-80V02A Reply with quote

1. Device: Panasonic TX-80V02A
http://www.panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?productID=1940
http://www.panasonic.com.au/support/downloads/more_info.cfm?objectID=671
2. Type of device: TV
3. JP1 Remote model: URC-8080B01
4. JP1 user? Yes
5. Still have original remote? Yes (EUR511044)
6. Checked the file section? Yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes

8. Partially working setup code?
Yes, This device upgrade works for basically all the essential functions.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=946
9. Learning remote question? No, I don't have a learning remote. I'm in the process of building an interface for Digitrace though Smile

As the subject says, I am looking for the discrete power on power off codes for this television. I have tried the EFC codes 022 and 026 as described here. But they don't seem to work :/
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=discrete&br=panasonic&dv=television&fc=

The alternates listed are for a different protocol to the one listed in the device upgrade and appear to be basically the same codes after looking at them with DecodeIR, so I have not tried them. I do admit I'm not 100% sure what I am looking for though.

Help please!

Ray.
bigrig

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you load that file in KM, maybe try "4" in the column between the EFC and OBC for the Discrete On/Off.

Matt
sikk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use RM rather than KM. Do you mean I should be entering a HEX value of 4 for a function? Or something else.

Sorry for the long delay between replies here, work hammered me for a few months.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4 that Matt suggested is the Subdevice.

In RM you can put the SubDevice in it's labeled column and use either EFC or OBC to specify the rest of the command.

That upgrade you mentioned already has Discrete power On and Off included, with subdevice 0. Did you try those already?

I haven't reviewed other sources to see which subdevice is correct for discrete On and Off. I assume Matt had some good basis for his suggestion.
bigrig

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
The 4 that Matt suggested is the Subdevice.
...I assume Matt had some good basis for his suggestion.

Uhhhh, yeah, I assume I had a good reason, too. Confused It's been so long I forget what it was, exactly. Wink

I was dealing with a Panasonic SA-XR25 receiver back then. I think I downloaded a keymap file that used 0 for the subdevice, and that didn't work. Somehow I got a clue to change to 4 and that worked.

Matt
sikk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

Thanks again for replying so fast.

I guessed the 4 was for the subdevice and tried that setting with another code, and it broke the non discrete on offs I had assigned.

Why didn't I test the Discrete ON/OFF? Well, I was in the middle of testing an extender for my 8080B01 and my wife was yelling at me, babies crying, dogs barking, basically mayhem, so I was under duress while looking at it.

I will apply some grey matter and some (quiet) time again tonight and get back to you. I'm willing to bet that I have done something stupid here.

Edit1 :
Gray matter was applied. I tried the codes that were in the upgrade file I listed using subdevice 4. No result, in fact it broke the non discrete power toggle that I use in a power up macro.

Edit 2:
Here is the rmdu I have been working with. Currently all the buttons have been tested and work, even though they have not been assigned. (I only use the phantoms to turn the set on and off. The discrete codes I got from remotecentral.com

http://www.whiteman.id.au/jp1/TX-80C02A.rmdu

Edit 3:
I went back to the original device upgrade linked at the top. The device upgrade seems to be a bit different from the original one I based my device upgrade on. So I went back and tried that device upgrade as well, still no luck.

In summary, the basic Panasonic protocol with no subdevices seems to work fine for most functions. But try as I might I can't get those darn discrete codes to work. Is it possible that my TV just plain and simple won't work with the discrete codes? It is an Australian model, which probably means it is based on a European chassis. Could that have some bearing on the issue?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade mentioned above was a combo that allows different functions to have different subdevices. It already had some functions with subdevice 0 and others with subdevice 4.

But your message seems to imply that you were using a non combo upgrade, or at least that you were changing the subdevice for all functions together. THat is not correct. Most functions need subdevice 0. Some need subdevice 4. There may be some that need other subdevices.

The functions that were working with subdevice 0 should be left with subdevice 0.

The discrete On and Off were in that upgrade with subdevice 0, so I wanted a clear statement (which I still don't see in this thread) of what happened when you tested them that way. Matt suggested those two functions (not the rest of the upgrade) should be subdevice 4. If they didn't work with subdevice 0, you should have tested them with subdevice 4. You seem to be saying they didn't work. Some device simply don't have discrete On or Off commands, even if other models using the same basic set of IR signals do have them.
sikk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnsfine,

Sorry if I didn't make myslef clear.

I tested both discrete power codes with subdevice 0 and subdevice 4. Neither worked.

You were correct that I was changing the entire upgrade from one subdevice to the other (before I saw how the combo upgrade).

Thanks for clarifying what a combo does.

I guess it looks like that model TV does not support those discrete codes.

Sorry for wasting everyones time, and thankyou for being so patient with a beginner.
bevhoward

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a waste of time from my viewpoint. I learned from this thread in addition to it's links and other sites found by wandering about.

Unfortunately, came up with the same conclusions as you... the Pioneer VXS3800 and Samsung DVD-V4600 don't have (that I could find) discreete on/off codes.

A partial success on the DVD player was a post that led me to try the open/close/eject button and found that it was the only other button that would respond when the device was off and, since it turns the unit on to eject the disk, it works as a discrete on... but only if the unit was shut down in the DVD mode. Ironically the VCR side of the unit doesn't feel the need to turn the unit on to eject a VCR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: