JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Questions on downloading the remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadgetgeek2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Questions on downloading the remote Reply with quote

I have my JP1 cable and my remote and I'm having fun figuring things out. A couple of newbie questions:

1. How can you find out what the URC original codes are for a specific device? I'm guessing that you can't download them because they are stored somewhere besides the EEPROM. Maybe this isn't necessary, but I was wondering if there is a way to do it.

2. I got an upgrade from One For All via the acoustic coupler. I have downloaded the remote and I can see that information. How do I convert that to something that I can load into RM or KM so I can play with it?

Thank you,
Steve
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Questions on downloading the remote Reply with quote

gadgetgeek2 wrote:

1. How can you find out what the URC original codes are for a specific device? I'm guessing that you can't download them because they are stored somewhere besides the EEPROM. Maybe this isn't necessary, but I was wondering if there is a way to do it.

No good way.

There is an XLS file devices.zip from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/2.%20Tools/ that tells you the protocol and fixed data (device numbers) of each setup code, but not the individual key codes.

That file is very useful if you learned and decoded one signal, and want to know which setup code it might be part of.

If you have a not-too-new model JP1 remote (before they changed the Keymove format) you can KeyMove a key on the remote itself, then download to IR.EXE and see the EFC and Hex Cmd of that Key. You could tediously do all of them if you wanted.

But if you actually have the device in question, there is usually some easier way to get all the commands rather than try to extract them from the built-in database.

gadgetgeek2 wrote:

2. I got an upgrade from One For All via the acoustic coupler. I have downloaded the remote and I can see that information. How do I convert that to something that I can load into RM or KM so I can play with it?

Unfortunately, we didn't get around to providing a non tedious solution to that one either. You can copy the EFC numbers or hex cmds manually. If you can't get the protocol name and device numbers elsewhere (such as devices.zip) you might guess and check against the fixed data (if you have a little understanding to reduce that to a manageable task) or ask an expert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: