JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do you associate a device with a ToadTog command?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadgetgeek2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: How do you associate a device with a ToadTog command? Reply with quote

Sorry for posting this here instead of the newbie board, but the question is about using ToadTog, so I thought this was a better place.

I have the URC 6131 and I'm using the extender, which also has a version of ToadTog. I've read the instructions a few times and looked at the examples and I think I understand what's there, but either there's something missing in the instructions or it went over my head.

My TV doesn't have discrete on/off codes, so I'd like to create a ToadTog for that. Where in the ToadTog bits do I indicate which device the code is for? How does it know that hex code 43 is to be sent with the protocol for the TV? Maybe I have to include the device selection key in the hex sequence and the instructions just didn't say that or show it?

Thank you,
Steve
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sequence of KeyCodes triggered by a ToadTog is just like the sequence triggered by by a Macro or a DSM.

The instructions for a ToadTog correctly focus on how you set up to trigger the sequence you want when you want it. The meaning of the sequence is up to you.

You also seem to be confused (in saying "hex code 43") about what the sequence should contain. It is a sequence of KeyCodes, not a sequence of Hex Cmd's. Those KeyCodes are sent through the normal process of interpreting KeyCodes (as if they came from the keyboard or from a macro). They are not sent directly to a protocol.

I understand you want to send a particular Hex command associated with particular fixed data to a particular protocol executor in order to send the power toggle to your TV. To do that you need:

1) A setup code associating that fixed data to that protocol (I'm sure you have that already).

2) A keycode associating the desired hex command and that setup code to some key in some device mode. (For TV power toggle, I expect you have that already as well, though you may choose to change it when setting up the ToadTog).

If the KeyCode (2) is defined in the device mode that will already be active when you use the ToadTog then all you need in the sequence is that KeyCode. If it is in a different device mode, you need the command to temporarily switch device mode before that KeyCode.
gadgetgeek2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply John. I think that's the little piece of information that I needed to put the pieces together in my head. I'll look forward to trying ToadTog when I'm home this evening.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: