JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New OFA remotes -- URC-6820, 8820, 10820

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhm5757
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: New OFA remotes -- URC-6820, 8820, 10820 Reply with quote

Since no one has posted anything about these remotes as far as I know, I might as well mention them, as they seem to be available now. The 8820 is only $20 at Circuit City, so I'm probably going to pick one up shortly for 5-digit EFC stuff for my website. They are of course flash chip remotes, so hopefully someone can start working on JP1 support for them.

What's good for me though is now I can just put up a page on my Sony codes website on how to use 5-digit EFCs with these new remotes, and recommend these new models to people who need a remote to teach discretes to one of the expensive universal remotes (usually Sony or one of the MX remotes).
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?4486,2#24
rhm5757
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got one of these a couple hours ago. JP1.2 under the battery cover. It has a huge database of codes, and so many Sony codes it will take me a while to go through them all. Probably many are multiple unit codes; there seem to be a lot of these throughout the lists, not just for Sony.

Personally, I like the design, it's very light and small and has a good button layout. The only problems are the lack of a backlight and the weird sides, which others have commented on with the 6131n. Also, some of the keys are close together and if you have big hands you might find that to be a problem.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking 5 digit EFC's, someone in this thread, came up this formula: old EFc x 256 + 14389= 5 digit EFC. I guess its easier to just add two zeroes. But why does this formula work?
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 5 digit EFC to Hex (raw) cmd conversion, values greater than or equal to 1000 are calculated after low/high bytes swapped, and this is why (old EFC x 256) is in his formula. The magic number: 14389 is $46 $F0 in raw cmd, and raw cmd = $46 is EFC=000. Since this is a 1 byte protocol, the second byte, $F0 will be just ignored by the protocol executor.

The values less than 1000 are converted in the same way as before.

You can calculate other variants of 00022, etc. by entering 83 xx (xx is an arbitrary hex digit number) in the EFC calculator under the Tools menu in IR.exe.

Code:
EFC     raw
00022   $83 $00
00026   $03 $00
20021   $83 $f0
21045   $03 $f0

Hal
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hal.Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: