JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some confusions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say make the upgrade and upload it here when you are finished for the next person. But then I have a vested interest. I have one of those Sony combo units and no remote to learn from.
talez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John!

Whompus, how about I just give you the learned codes, can you use them as keymoves like John suggested?

here's the upgrade output with the keymoves:
Upgrade code 0 = 25 fd (DVD/1533) Upgrade for Sony DVP-NS501P (RM v1.22)
de 00 22 a1 58 92 00
28 3a 44 c4 68
KeyMoves
b5 f3 25 fd 5a«surround mode»¦
30 f3 25 fd 70«return»¦
2d f3 25 fd 14«time/text»¦
2e f3 25 fd 0a«picture navigation»¦
2f f3 25 fd 9e«zoom»¦
25 f3 25 fd 26«audio»¦
26 f3 25 fd c6«subtitle»¦
27 f3 25 fd a6«angle»¦
28 f3 25 fd da«picture mode»
End

Actually, what is the best way for me to go? My sony dvp-ns501p is programmed into HTPro with code 0533. I'm missing 14 functions, which I have to use none occupied buttons for, i.e. (L1-L4, Rew, FWD, M1-M3, etc). The logic option seems to be just use keymoves, I can't really use upgrade as I ran out of regular buttons for the functions. Correct?

Thanks
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talez wrote:
Thanks John!

Whompus, how about I just give you the learned codes, can you use them as keymoves like John suggested?

Someone looking for the upgrade later will be more likely to find it if it's in the file section. Could you please upload it there?

talez wrote:

Actually, what is the best way for me to go? My sony dvp-ns501p is programmed into HTPro with code 0533. I'm missing 14 functions, which I have to use none occupied buttons for, i.e. (L1-L4, Rew, FWD, M1-M3, etc). The logic option seems to be just use keymoves, I can't really use upgrade as I ran out of regular buttons for the functions. Correct?

If you want to keep all of the regular functions on their existing keys then you have to use unused buttons. But if there are functions you never use, you could use a keymove and it would override (over-write) the existing function.

If you want to move an existing functions to a different button, you could create a new upgrade that would replace the built-in code (0533)
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talez....Thanks for the codes. When I get time to dig out the Sony I will put them into use. 2 of them anyway. So the 0533 code is not missing functions from the vcr part of the unit? Or have you checked many of the vcr functions?

I kinda thought vcr functions would be what it was missing with it being a standard Sony dvd code. I noticed ofa has new code for there newer remotes for the Sony dvd/vcr combo units. Code 0864 most likely not in many remotes yet. If my 9960 has it I could check it out as well. If not then I may give them a call to get it via phone to build from.
talez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Someone looking for the upgrade later will be more likely to find it if it's in the file section. Could you please upload it there?

So I guess I'll just upload this file KeyMovesForSonyDVPns501p.ir (pardon me I don't really know what I'm doing) which has the 14 missing functions added for keymoves. Right now, only step+ function doesn't work -- I have created a post in code search forum.

Is there a fast way to create keymoves in IR instead of adding one at a time?

Quote:

1) If you want to keep all of the regular functions on their existing keys then you have to use unused buttons. But if there are functions you never use, you could use a keymove and it would override (over-write) the existing function.

2) If you want to move an existing functions to a different button, you could create a new upgrade that would replace the built-in code (0533)

It looks like my need is #1, I don't have any regular buttons to spare on the HTPro, they are all essential for my use. So I guess I am stuck with keymoves. This does free up some space for learn codes, so I can have some in keymoves and some in learn codes. The only problem is that some learn codes have garbages that takes more memory, it would be nice we can edit out the garbage in the learned codes. Maybe I just don't know how to?

Thanks
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talez wrote:

So I guess I'll just upload this file KeyMovesForSonyDVPns501p.ir

Actually, you should upload the saved file created by either KM (excel spreadsheet) or RM (java app). That would allow someone with a different remote from you to change things to fit their remote.

talez wrote:

Is there a fast way to create keymoves in IR instead of adding one at a time?

The "Clone" button will duplicate an existing keymove allowing you to make a few changes (EFC/hex code and assigned button) and create a new keymove.

talez wrote:

It looks like my need is #1, I don't have any regular buttons to spare on the HTPro, they are all essential for my use. So I guess I am stuck with keymoves. This does free up some space for learn codes, so I can have some in keymoves and some in learn codes.

If you end up running out of space for keymoves, then an extender can help you out. That increases the space for keymoves (by eliminating the space for learned signals).
talez wrote:

The only problem is that some learn codes have garbages that takes more memory, it would be nice we can edit out the garbage in the learned codes. Maybe I just don't know how to?

The only way to do that would be to edit the memory dump directly (the "Raw Data" tab in IR). I have no idea how to do that (and doubt that more than a few people know how to). That's why we push users to have everything in keymoves and upgrades.

Last edited by gjarboni on Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
talez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much gjarboni. I'll get the RM version up there, and hopefully I can delete the .ir version or some admin can help me do that.

Okay, extender here I come. Smile

Edit: one quick question. I posted the upgrade output from RM in this thread. How come I can not import that output back to RM? Is it the wrong format?
talez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
talez....Thanks for the codes. When I get time to dig out the Sony I will put them into use. 2 of them anyway. So the 0533 code is not missing functions from the vcr part of the unit? Or have you checked many of the vcr functions?

I kinda thought vcr functions would be what it was missing with it being a standard Sony dvd code. I noticed ofa has new code for there newer remotes for the Sony dvd/vcr combo units. Code 0864 most likely not in many remotes yet. If my 9960 has it I could check it out as well. If not then I may give them a call to get it via phone to build from.

Hi whompus, I don't think you going to find the codes much help. Since this unit is not a DVD/VCR combo. It is just a DVD player - dvp-ns501p.
whompus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh... I must have misread the model# in previous post. That's why I was surprised there was no vcr functions you was missing Laughing

Then you should be working with this upgrade file to start with. I think it has all functions and then some for your player.
whompus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

talez wrote:
I can't really use upgrade as I ran out of regular buttons for the functions. Correct?
We never answered this huh?

If by regular buttons you mean the buttons highlighted that's not completely correct. You can put functions on the buttons you mentioned m1, l1, and such. They will become keymoves. You just can not use the device keys and in some cases keys like fav/Scan and such unless you use extender.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

talez wrote:
Edit: one quick question. I posted the upgrade output from RM in this thread. How come I can not import that output back to RM? Is it the wrong format?

That format is for copying upgrade code from RM/KM to IR. RM has it's own file format for saving upgrades. When you create an upgrade in RM, you need to save it to a file (File -> Save As), which can then be loaded into RM, or uploaded to the File Section.

Note that RM can also read many KM files.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
talez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
talez wrote:
I can't really use upgrade as I ran out of regular buttons for the functions. Correct?
We never answered this huh?

If by regular buttons you mean the buttons highlighted that's not completely correct. You can put functions on the buttons you mentioned m1, l1, and such. They will become keymoves. You just can not use the device keys and in some cases keys like fav/Scan and such unless you use extender.

Thanks. by regular buttons, I really mean buttons 0-9, the transport buttons, channel buttons, and volume buttons (I guess they should be called standard buttons? Smile). So of course, the dvp remote uses all those buttons. It also has whole bunch other buttons -- that is why I ran out of buttons on the HTPro to map those additional functions (or buttons).

I was about to use the PIP buttons but I needed them for the TV punch through; also the volume buttons for the receiver volume punch through.

gfb107, thank you for clearing up my confusions. Smile Is there an easier way for me to transfer the learned code from IR to RM's functions mapping? Like copy and paste to RM's functions tab and have them automatically inserted (I guess this is a wishful request for RM. Smile )
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talez wrote:
Is there an easier way for me to transfer the learned code from IR to RM's functions mapping? Like copy and paste to RM's functions tab and have them automatically inserted (I guess this is a wishful request for RM. Smile )

Yes, if you have any kind of spreadsheet program (Excel or OpenOffice.org calc (a free download), for example).

Go to File -> Summary. Use your mouse to select the Learned signal data, then use Ctrl-C to copy that to the clipbiard. Next paste that text into your spreadsheet program. In OpenOffice.ord Calc I had to use Paste Special and then select Unformatted Text. Now delete all columns except the "Hex Cmd" and "Note" columns.

Select the data in both columns and copy it to the clipboard.

In RM, get the upgrade started by filling in the data on the Setup panel.
Now go to the Functions panel, and press the "Clean Up" button. Now press "New". Now re-order the columns (drag the column headers) so that the Hex column is immediately before the Name column. Now right-click in the Hex field of the first empty row and select "Paste". There you go.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
talez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa, thanks a bunch, Greg. This trick totally saved me from a bundle of pain. Smile I actually, left the Key, Hex Cmd, and Note columns from IR, and rearranged the RM functions column as Name, Hex, and Notes.

After the paste operation, I didn't have to do anything, all the columns are filled properly.

Thank you!

P.S.
Has anyone read about this issue?. Can you shod some light on it? I must have not explained the problem correctly, it got 17 views with no answers. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: