JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to make upgrade from lirc conf file for iMON-PAD remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hansdegit

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened the iMon Pad. This is what I can see:

The biggest chip on the board has this number:
line 1: "K721"
line 2: "A048K1311"
and counts 40 pins.

On the top left corner it states:
line 1: "IR2408-PCB-4A19"
line 2: "T=1.6mm 94VO"

Perhaps somebody hears a bell ringing now....

I also e-mailed Soundgraph (the manufacturer) for technical details regarding the protocol etc.
pjigar

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think gjarboni has described the situation very accurately. Yes, directional pad is very special animal in this remote, it has more than 16 positions, it is more like a mouse. So we will have to forget about the directional pad for now.

I will learn as many buttons as I can without the pad arrows and post the IR file again. I am mostly interested in few buttons of iMon-PAD, specifically power button!!

The whole reason I bought this LM10M PC case with iMon receiver was the ability to power-on and off the PC with remote. No other product has this feature so far. But I want to do this using my lovely 8910 rather than their crapy iMon-PAD remote.

Thaks gjarboni for the post, hope this will help johnsfine.
danny_aka_rudy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hansdegit,

Any luck with a reply from the iMon people? I've tried emailing the folks and Silverstone to see if they can offer any help. So far I haven't gotten anywhere but if I do I'll let you know. I would really like to get this working given the iMon remote doesn't seem to have the signal strength that my 8810w remote has. It's no fun to have to lean forward really far just so that the remote signal reaches the IR reciever.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjarboni wrote:
All of the learned signals (except the mouse signals -- up, down, left, right) have each signal repeated twice with no toggle bit.

Actually, this is wrong. First off, if you think of the lead-out as being +1, -lots, then each signal is 56 time intervals long. That makes the signal: {38k,420}<+1|-1>($E2:8,F:32,$88:8,$20:8).

In this case the toggle is double wide across bits 35 and 36. Except for the power, play, & fwd commands which seem to have a triple wide toggle, i.e. +5 -3 becomes +1 -3 +1 -3 and it's across bits 34,35, & 36. Curiouser and curiouser. Now I don't quite know what to think.

Two IRP questions, can I use Hex in IRP notation? Also, should it be F:32 or F:8;F:8;F:8:F:8? Thanks.
hansdegit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks, I got a reply, check this out:
----------
Dear Customer,

In order to work fast as like a real mouse, we use our own code. So it would be impossible to use universal remote controller for our IR receiver.

Thanks and best regards.

--------------

Great customer service, right?

I guess we'll just have to find out ourselves then.
hansdegit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: iMon perhaps understands RC-5? Reply with quote

What amazes me is the following:

When I turn the TV louder, the iMon receiver picks up the signal, but it has no software action attached to it. I'll try that this evening.

Therefore I think that the iMon VFD listens to some sort of RC-5 coding, because my TV is a Philips.

The same goes for Hauppauge signals. The iMon receiver also seems to "understand" those signals.
pjigar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been little busy, but I have created a new IR learn file with lots of buttons, no PAD arrows, as instructed. I still need to upload it for others to be able to decode.

In the mean time, I am also trying something else: I have built my own IR receiver to be used with LIRC. I am planning to use irrecord and try to learn the buttons of iMon-PAD remote. I am not sure I will suceed or not but worth a try. I will keep you guys posted. This may take a while because irrecord is Linux program and for that I need to setup my Linux box first!! I know WinLIRC has learn feature as well but since WinLIRC is not maintaned to keep up with LIRC, my best shot is with irrecord of LIRC. The receiver I built is fuctional and tested with WinLIRC learn feature.

The damn iMon people won't give me the protocol information. I tried all means but they keep saying we use short protocol and that's it!! I am determined to merge this remote with my lovely JP1 remote and I appreciate help from all the pros.

Thanks,
pjigar
danny_aka_rudy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Bump Reply with quote

I too am still interested in getting this thing working with my JP1 remote... I still haven't had any response from the iMon folks.
Shane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also interested in decoding this protocol so I can use my 15-2116 rather than the iMon Pad. Can anyone offer any guidance as to what I can do? I'd be happy to help in any way that I can, but I just don't know where to start. I do have a JP1 cable and I have all the software up and running, but what should I do now?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane wrote:
I am also interested in decoding this protocol so I can use my 15-2116 rather than the iMon Pad. Can anyone offer any guidance as to what I can do? I'd be happy to help in any way that I can, but I just don't know where to start. I do have a JP1 cable and I have all the software up and running, but what should I do now?
I'm no expert at decoding protocols, but I know to get an expert to be able to do ANYTHING, you need to learn as many functions as you can, download the remote with the learned signals to IR, annotate the "notes" for each learned signal (i.e. what function is learned to what button), and post the IR file to the diagnostics area, with a link, and hopefully one of the experts who CAN do this, will.
hansdegit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to go to bed now (in Holland), so tomorrow, I'll do as Capn Trips instructed.

I expect I won't be able to put all learned commands into one IR file; there are a lot of buttons on the iMon remote. I'll post them in parts.
hansdegit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: imon: Ready to undergo diagnosis Reply with quote

I finally found time to create a number of .ir files which contain the learned signals from the iMon PAD remote controller. I uploaded it to the files section:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2027

I sure hope someone sheds a light on this iMon issue. Thanks in advance.
hansdegit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Experts, please??? Reply with quote

A very, very subtle kick of this topic
pjigar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hansdegit has uploaded the learned IR files. Pleeease, Can any expert look at them?

I am specifically interested in just making and upgrade just containing a power button. My HTPC case can be powered on using this iMon-PAD remote. For all other functions of HTPC I have already resorted to "home-brew" IR receiver. But for "power on" feature, I have to use IR receiver built in to my HTPC, which unfortunately expects a special IR protocol generated by this special iMon-PAD remote.

Please help me throw away my iMon-PAD remote!!

Thanks,
pjigar
pjigar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I have tried using LIRC for Linux, as promissed. I have used "irrecord" program of LIRC to "learn" the buttons of iMon-PAD but irrecord fails miserably! I can't learn anything from this remote. So that path is closed for me now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: