JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trying to build RDF file for Conrad MF-355 RF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weini

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Trying to build RDF file for Conrad MF-355 RF Reply with quote

Hi Group!

I own a Conrad MF-355 RF JP1 remote. It is sold in Germany and other European countries. In the battery case the ID code "URC 11-4282 B00" is printed.

It didn't work with the simple interface at all, but after building the Ultra interface (thanks for the good and easy description), I can download and upload (including learned keys) very well.

There is no proper RDF file yet. The remote identifies itself as BLUABLU0. I did some tests cloning the 8811 & Video Expert 4080 RDFs, but I always get an error that a fixed byte does not match.

Playing around with the 4080 RDF, I found out that I have to enter an offset of 23. IR already shows the correct codes for the device keys.

So now: Do you have any suggestions how to go any further? Sorry, but I didn't find anything in the FAQs or help documents.

TIA for you help,
Christian

PS: I can provide the vanilla IR dump and a picture later, if needed.
weini

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Files have been uploaded Reply with quote

And here we go with the operations manual (including pictures) and the vanilla IR file.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1787
hummbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news weini! Here you go: click - RDF & Images for URC 11-4282 B00 (MF 355 RF from Conrad)

I was able to find out almost everything but it seems that the processor used in this remote is not compatible with any of the familiar processors and uploaded protocols does not work. The processor is clocked on 16 MHz by the way. There is also a problem with the lerning codes. They are allways assigned to one and the same device. The button map could be better (with shift keys) but I haven't hat time to correct it.

I've also made an image and image map, which can be used in Remote Master.

To install copy *.jpg, *.map in your RemoteMaster images directory and the *.rdf to your RDF directory.
weini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Many Thanks! Reply with quote

Hi hummbie!

Many many thanks to you!
RDF works fine in my first tests. I was able to use a WAV file from OFA for my remote. Buttons seem to be screwed up a bit in this case, but it is easy to change the assignments via IR. I guess that the reason for this is that the WAV has been designed for a different remote.

I'll do some more detailed tests over the next 1-2 weeks.

Many thanks to you so far!!!

Christian
weini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks again!

The RDF file enabled my remotes to control everything I have around in my house using IR signals.

Using the official OFA WAV-file updates designed for different remotes and applying some key moves did a perfect job.

One small annoyance is still outstanding:
Learned signals are not even transferred correctly. I know that they are not interpreted correctly by IR.EXE for my remote, but even if I learn some signals, do a download with IR and an upload back to the remote afterwards, the learnd signals do no longer work.

As a work around, having a switch in IR.EXE to interpret learned signals only in RAW mode would be a great help.

Maybe such a feature could be added in a future release?

Thanks to all of you, you're doing a great job!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: