JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

samsung hw-f550 soundbar to work with comcast remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cml727

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: samsung hw-f550 soundbar to work with comcast remote Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm trying to get a silver Comcast remote to a work with a Samsung hw-f550 soundbar. I read the JP1 forum for beginners but still having a hard time. I just ordered a cable and was wondering if someone could explain step by step how to do this and what programs. Mainly just looking to control power and volume.
Thank you
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, but please don't cross post. This is the only thread of yours I'm keeping open since it best fits your question.

Please read the "How easy is it" tutorials first, and if you have a specific question, post back. Open ended questions will only result in us reposting the tutorials that have already been written.

For a code search, please use the template described in the sticky.

Since biz79 created the correct upgrade but never posted it, you'll have to follow all the same steps he followed, which appear to be described in detail. He might also respond to a PM.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Since biz79 created the correct upgrade but never posted it, you'll have to follow all the same steps he followed, which appear to be described in detail. He might also respond to a PM.

Here is a link to the other thread for reference.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14614
It is important for people to post their upgrades!!!

I know people like to be given at least an "atta-boy" for figuring things out. but if we all thought like that, there wouldn't be a forum!!!!

You can see by my signature that I think feedback is important, its like paying your bill for a service.

Rant over
-----------

Cml727, like mdavej said, ask specific questions, I can literally write a book as a response to such an open ended question.

However I do have one piece of advice.
Look at your 6 pin connector on your remote. Do you see a notch in the outline, or 1,5,6 labels printed on the PCB at the corners of the connector? The notch or the 1 indicate pin 1.

When you get your cable check to see if there is a marking for pin1 at the connection end of the cable. The plug will only plug in in one direction, and UNlike the EEPROM remotes, the FLASH remotes can be damaged by improper connections. So make sure that you are connecting pin 1 to pin1 and if you do have to experiment, make sure that PIN1 is clearly marked for future connections!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Cml727

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: new issue Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys guys. I have the cable and followed all the setup instructions for the rm-ir downloaded the maps and rdfs and when I start up rm-ir my remote is not recognized therefore I can't download from remote. I am connecting pin 1 to pin 1 on the remote. Last night I also setup IR and it was able to communicate and DL from remote brefily.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: