JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

8811 Backlight Malfunction with Extender-V3.2 an new 8811
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. I think Rob will have to do that since none of us have delete capability in the file section for other than our stuff.

We also need to be careful for example with the 9960 extenders they are not just new version due to bugs. The accommodate different backlight sensitivity.
chakrax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtakahar wrote:
The RDF included in the latest RDF package is for v3.3. Just install v3.3 if you are not sure what you are using.

Hal

My confusion stems from the fact that there appear to be 2 RDF files. One is in the "general" RDF distribution (v1.24, found at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1948) and another one that is packaged with the extender (in 6012ex3_3.zip). From all the README files, it appears that I should be using the general v1.24 RDF.

Also - reading this thread further - I realize that my problems may be also due to the fact that I started out with an IR file that I had made with extender v3.1, and I just upgraded the protocols with v3.3. I can now see that could be a problem as well. I'll start out with the clean .IR file that came with the extender, and import my existing config into it and post how it goes.

Thank you all for your help.
chakrax

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: v3.3 clean install fixes backlight issue Reply with quote

I want to report that once I started out with the clean image of the v3.3 extender, and input all my previous configuration manually, the backlight started functioning correctly. I used the RDF that came in the extender directory.

Sorry for the false alarm, thanks to all the volunteer work that makes JP1 work!
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting.

I really think those confusing old revsions should be deleted.

Hal
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: