JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code for VCR Sony SLV-700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silron1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Code for VCR Sony SLV-700 Reply with quote

Have searched but cannot seem to find a file for this, rather old (1995), vcr.

I have tried learning and transferring to km but some of the buttons seem to have 2 or 3 lines of of protocol device code. Am away for 10 days - will look further when I return.
Had some problems with stale batteries on the original remote and possibly on the URC 8060 (overwork!!!) which may be giving me the probs. Anomolies after downloading to IR, are eg digit 8 has a double line input against all other digits with one line
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps you may be holding down the button too long when learning it?

try this: just peck the button on the original remote when learning it to your learning remote. then check to see if it was learned correctly. For some stupid reason, the manual that comes with the learning remote usually says to hold the button down for 2 seconds, but this is usually unneeded and actually makes the learned button waste valuable memory, and makes it harder for JP1ers to interpret in IR.

(having said that, I am a newbie and may be completely wrong)
JP1Files
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The correct learning technique is to hold the teaching remote button down until the learning remote indicates that the learning process is complete. There are exceptions to this rule, such as with IR keyboards, but it's the correct approach for Sony devices.

Stale batteries are almost certainly the problem here. Put fresh batteries in both remotes and re-try.

Also, I don't think there's a Sony code out there that RobH hasn't listed on his site, so if you can't get the info using learning, visit here:
http://www.anycities.com/rhm5757/sony_home.htm

Last edited by The Robman on Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
For some stupid reason, the manual that comes with the learning remote usually says to hold the button down for 2 seconds, but this is usually unneeded and actually makes the learned button waste valuable memory, and makes it harder for JP1ers to interpret in IR.

(having said that, I am a newbie and may be completely wrong)

At least mostly wrong, sorry.

A long press normally makes the learning remote learn the repeat pattern of the signal. That has the double advantage that the remote then knows the repeat pattern (what to do when the button is held) and it usually takes LESS space since it stores just one copy of the content to be repeated.

A short press learns exactly what is sent in that time, which is often two copies of the repeat pattern (it takes more than two copies to recognise the pattern).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: