JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

rf signal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikewv100

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: rf signal Reply with quote

I have a 15-2117 and just ordered a dish dvr-942. Will the 15-2117 control tv #2? It uses an rf signal from the dish remote.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: rf signal Reply with quote

mikewv100 wrote:
I have a 15-2117 and just ordered a dish dvr-942. Will the 15-2117 control tv #2? It uses an rf signal from the dish remote.

No JP1 capable remote can learn on duplicate an RF signal from a RF remote. The RF capability is only for relaying the signal to the RF base station.

As for tv #2, do you mean receiver #2? If so, you can use KM (and probably RM, but I haven't tried it) to create an upgrade for a receiver with ID=2. If the dvr-942 changes something, then you should learn some signals and see what IR decodes them as.
bnam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe 921 remote uses RF to comtrol the 921 but has RF to control other devices. But, the 921 acn be controlled by other RF remotes. If the 942 is like the 921, then it will accept both IR and RF remotes.

I'm assuming the same will also apply to the second TV output that can be indepently controlled by the 942.

I'm not sure how it would be set up on a JPremote though... Perhaps as its own device?

Byas
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the 942 is like the 522, then the only remote that'll control the second tuner is the oem RF remote.
jetskier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
If the 942 is like the 522, then the only remote that'll control the second tuner is the oem RF remote.

I've have the 942 for a couple months. TV2 is only controllable via RF when you run the thing in dual mode.

I've been using the 942 in single mode so I can use my 8810w's throughout the house. The IR signal is passed through my wholehouse A/V/IR system direct to the front of the box to control the TV1 side of the tuner.

This isn't really related to JP1 other than the fact I'm using the 8810w's, but is anyone aware of a circuit or hack you could do to an IR signal to have it converted to the RF frequency used on Dish's dual tuner boxes on the TV2? I emailed dish support and the advanced people tell me there are not plans to enable IR control on TV2 so I need to figure out a way to bypass or work around the limitation.
classicsat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most, I suppose, is taking the tranmitter from the Dish remote, and hooking it up to a JP1 or other remote. I have done tha to make a satellite remote into a UHF type (using the RF bits from the UHF hit from an obsolete satellite receiver)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: