JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New upgrades posted with a WARNING
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people would pick the commands out of the list above and choose the ones they want rather than be stuck with whatever UEIC decided to put in AUDIO/1160 but you want AUDIO/1160, you got it!
azimuth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Maybe I need to ask this differently. One of the things I'm trying to do is set up the Select button of my 8810 to select the current Surround Mode like my Cinema 6 does.

From the line, "SURROUND,230,2,SURROUND,38 - SURROUND,,,,,,,,"
would the assumption of the EFC be 230?

I guess I'm looking for something like this http://www.hifi-remote.com/codes2/amp_0004.shtml for 1160, or, a way to get there.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, lets back up. You have an 8810W, probably no JP1 cable and you are trying to figure out how to key move either what came on your 6800? on the surround key or what you moved there in a key move, right?

Audio/1160 is in the built in library in the 8810W, but it is a two byte protocol and can't be key moved without a JP1 cable and using IR. In the 8810W there is no command assigned to the Surround key in the built in library.

The upgrade that I uploaded to the link above must be read in KM Master to make any sense. You should download that link again and use the current version to reduce confusion.

The link you posted to the listing of EFC's aka Advanced Codes by SETUP CODE (Audio/0160 and Audio/0004) is a subset of the long list of commands that I posted on the previous page. That link is confusing because in the past, "device code" and "setup code" were used interchangeably.

Now, a setup code like Audio/1160 means the arbitrary number assigned by UEIC that if built in to your remote can be selected. Device code now means the true device code and is meaningful only with a Protocol. So Denon:2 (Denon Protocol:device=2) is Audio/0160 in your 6800. Audio/0004 in your 6800 is Denon:12. Neither of those setup codes is present in the 8810W.

Audio/1160 is a combination protocol and has two bytes and and it is the Denon protocol but one byte selects device number the other the OBC (aka Function).

To specifically answer your question, what was assigned to Audio/1160 to the surround key in the device upgrade that I posted is Denon:2, OBC 230 (EFC 249) but there is no way to use that information without a JP1 cable.

If you do have a JP1 cable AND that is the command that you actually want, then open IR.exe download the image from your remote under the key moves tab use hex (not EFC) and key move Audio/1160 "B8 67" to the surround key. Don't include the quotation marks but do include the space between the two hex bytes. Then upload the chance to your remote.

In the future, PLEASE tell us what remote you have by model number, whether you have a JP1 cable, what setup codes work or partially work.

You can easily get what you want, but read the various sticky posts at the top of each forum.
azimuth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for bearing with me.

I have a JP1 cable, and one of the things I want to do is to get the Select button of my 8810w to send the Surround Mode command to the Denon. My 6800 did not need a key move to do this.

OK, so, that file was a KM protocol upgrade.

I did the key move with ir, and the Select button does nothing I can see.

I didn't want to learn the key since I usually see a stream of repeating codes that just would seem to chew up memory unnecessarily. I'll try it and see what I see.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azimuth,
I'm guessing from your posts that you haven't delved too deeply into JP1 yet and are looking for the easiest way to make the SURROUND button do what you want. I would suggest that the simplest solution would be to learn it, either from the Denon remote or from the Cinema 6. You are absolutely correct that a learned signal does indeed take up more memory than a keymove, but it takes that memory from a different memory bank, so it doesn't matter.
azimuth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

True enough.

Thanks for the info!
azimuth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I just learned that key and noticed the decode ir pane in ir500! Are there any docs for taking that info and doing something with it? I did a search and couldn't find anything.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help
azimuth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: