JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

In over my head-programming with hex code.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: In over my head-programming with hex code. Reply with quote

I am attempting to program my URC 8800 and Ratshack 15-2117 remotes to operate several Somfy/Harmonic Design System II motorized roller shades to open and close.

The shades operate via IR and came with a proprietary IR remote, however, when using their remote, it simultaneously sends a flashing red light with the IR command that renders the learning function of my other remotes useless.

Somfy emailed me the following two codes but I'm not sure what to do with them or if I should use IR, KM...

Can I use the following data to program my remotes via JP1 and if so, how???

1. KEY_UP_OUT - Immediate transmit of CODE_UP_LIMIT (0x08 + PARITY (0x40) )
2. KEY_DOWN_OUT - Immediate transmit of CODE_DOWN_LIMIT (0x09)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

KK
classicsat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need more than that. You need a protocol, and a device code as well.
kk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound too incompetent but...

Does protocol refer to (something like) NEC1?

Also, what does device code refer to since I am setting up a new device?

Thanks!

KK
ti83programmer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the incompetent one, since I don't understand the post. But, to answer your questions:

Yes, NEC1 is a device protocol. Something like 0047 is a device code.

If you are going to make your own device upgrade, then you have to make up a device code (it can be anything you want between 0000 and 2047 but it's best if it doesn't conflict with one of the built-in ones (yours will override it for as long as it's in the remote)). You also may need to install a protocol for that device code (the protocol has its own ID like $003A). You can call that whatever you like, like NEC1. Again, the ID will override whatever's in the remote for as long as it's in there.

If your remote doesn't natively understand how to control your device, then you have to make a device upgrade, and probably a protocol upgrade as well. That's going to be really hard to do if you can't learn the code.

If that remote is actually breaking your learning remotes, I would give up. Now. If the OFA remotes can't handle it, they probably can't reproduce it.

If that's not the case and I'm just stupid, I'll let someone else step in to deal with all the details of protocol upgrades.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: In over my head-programming with hex code. Reply with quote

kk wrote:
I am attempting to program my URC 8800 and Ratshack 15-2117 remotes to operate several Somfy/Harmonic Design System II motorized roller shades to open and close.

I found IR data for a Draper M2500 using Somfy IRT 103 remote in this CCF file:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=devices&br=somfy&dv=motorizedscreen&fc=

I don't know how similar those are to your Somfy device. Those are RECS80 protocol (the version matching pid 0045 in an OFA remote). They are device number 0, with commands 1 for up, 2 for down and 3 for stop.

kk wrote:
however, when using their remote, it simultaneously sends a flashing red light with the IR command that renders the learning function of my other remotes useless.

I'm a bit surprised a red light would mess up IR learning. Are you sure your doing the learning right? Can you be more specific about what you get when you try to learn?

kk wrote:

Can I use the following data to program my remotes via JP1 and if so, how???

1. KEY_UP_OUT - Immediate transmit of CODE_UP_LIMIT (0x08 + PARITY (0x40) )
2. KEY_DOWN_OUT - Immediate transmit of CODE_DOWN_LIMIT (0x09)

It's probably RECS80 pid-0045. It's probably device number 0. Those numbers they sent (8 and 9) have a decent chance of being what we call OBC numbers. But all those are just guesses. Also what they call "parity" has me more confused. Best guess would be that changes the device number to 1 (so the commands don't all have the same device number).

If you build a few RECS80-45 upgrades in KM or RM and experiment, you have a good chance to find what works.
ncoig

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: In over my head-programming with hex code. Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:

Hey John,

Do you have this Draper protocol in a KM file somewhere?

Thanks,

Neil
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the File Section: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1786

Capn Trips wrote:
For an ancient Somfy (European) window shade IR remote control. For this upgrade to work, ensure your protocols.ini file has the following section:

[Somfy]
PID=01 A1
VariantName=Somfy2
CmdParms=Device:3,SubDevice:4,OBC:2=1
CmdTranslator=Translator(lsb,0,3,2) Translator(lsb,1,4,5) Translator(lsb,2,2)
DefaultCmd=00 00
Code.S3C80= 41 9B 02 8B 15 88 05 08 08 01 4E 00 F0 00 9A 01 A4 04 9C 04 0C 00 DE FF FF 01 8D 01 46
Notes=The value decoded by DecodeIr as SubDevice and required here (on the functions sheet) as SubDevice seems to be some \
sort of check nibble. In the eight known samples of this protocol SubDevice=OBC*4+Device+3.

Any use?
whompus

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ncoig... I dont know about the somfy but the draper is in km already. Just select protocol recs80 (45)
ncoig

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

underquark wrote:
In the File Section: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1786

This appears to be for "Somfy" and not the Draper screen. Are they the same?

Also, I don't recognize that file format, "RMDU" - what is it?

Thanks for the tip,
-N
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read this entire thread:
johnsfine wrote:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=devices&br=somfy&dv=motorizedscreen&fc=

I don't know how similar those are to your Somfy device. Those are RECS80 protocol (the version matching pid 0045 in an OFA remote). They are device number 0, with commands 1 for up, 2 for down and 3 for stop.
This post suggests that SOME Draper devices may use the Somfy-remote, so it's probably worth a shot trying it. It costs you nothing.

As for RMDU files, these are upgrades created using RemoteMaster (RM)rather than KeymapMaster (KM). If you review the beginner's readme's, you will find that you create upgrades using EITHER KM (which requires you to have Miscrosoft Excel) OR RM, which offers several benefits:

(1) RM does NOT require Excel - which you have to buy - but DOES require your computer to have the Java Runtime Environment installed - which is a free download;
(2) RM has a more intuitive (to many) graphical interface (you assign functions to buttons via a PICTURE of your actual remote, dragging the desired function onto the desired button);
(3) RM can import/read both KM and RM files, whilst KM can only read other KM files.

Look in the Files section ->Tools ->Main for links and downloads.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ncoig

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
(1) RM does NOT require Excel - which you have to buy - but DOES require your computer to have the Java Runtime Environment installed - which is a free download;
(2) RM has a more intuitive (to many) graphical interface (you assign functions to buttons via a PICTURE of your actual remote, dragging the desired function onto the desired button);
(3) RM can import/read both KM and RM files, whilst KM can only read other KM files.

Yeah, well, I'm a creature of habit, and find that KM and IR work must better for me. In any event, it's too bad KM can't import RM files.

And, the Sofy protocol (which isn't in KM, incidentally) doesn't seem to work. I'm able to learn the Draper remote, but when I construct a KM file based on the learned information, the upgrade file doesn't work.

The learned code shows up as Akai protocol, Device 2, OBC 33, 34 and 37. I input all of this into KM exactly as indicated, choose the appropriate remote, and no reponse from the screen...

I've tried correcting all the usual suspects, but it doesnt seem to fix the problem.

Any other leads I can chase?

-N
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised the Somfy protocol doesn't work. The "Somfy" protocol is a hacked one-off protocol - to my knowledge never used outside of the one RM upgrade for Somfy window blinds that's in the file section - that works on my ancient (late 1970's) Somfy system, and to my knowledge there was never any demand for incorporating it any further.

If you're getting clean decodes, however, that should give you sufficient data to build your upgrade in EITHER KM or RM. Based on what you describe above, it should be working, but there may be something that you are NOT describing. The best way to proceed now is:

(1) Upload to the diagnosis area and post a link to the IR file with the LEARNED signals;
(2) Upload to the diagnosis area and post a link to the KM file you constructed on the basis of the decoded learned signals; and
(3) Upload to the diagnosis area and post a link to the IR file with the UPGRADE loaded that you uploaded to your remote and doesn't work properly.

...and someone will have a look.

P.S. Habit or not, I'd suggest giving RM a try before dismissing it as unwieldy.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important suggestion is #1 from the Capn, if we can see your clean learned signals, we can see whether they really are Akai or something else. Just verify that the learned signals actually work first.
whompus

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you must stay with km for this. Based on what you say the learned code shows up as, try efc 167, 164, and 039.
ncoig

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The most important suggestion is #1 from the Capn, if we can see your clean learned signals, we can see whether they really are Akai or something else. Just verify that the learned signals actually work first.

File is: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3197

The learned work, but the upgrade device there does not...

Thank you!

-N
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: