JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shift key on RS 15-2116???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgiamp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Shift key on RS 15-2116??? Reply with quote

I have tried to do some keymoves (ie. cbl 0877, shift ch+, 057) involving the shift key (which I thought was the P key) on my RS 15-2116 with no success. When I hold down P and press the key (channel up, for instance), the remote does not transmit a signal. Does the shift key have to be "enabled" first or something to that effect?
Thanks for the continuing support.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shift key is indeed the "P" key. You don't hold it down while pressing the key to be shifted. Fact is there is never a case while 2 keys are simultaneously pressed. Press and release "P", then press the Ch+. Shift capability is a feature ofthe remote, and doesn't require any activation, etc. An EXTENDER (especially the one for the 2104) may allow selecting another key as the shift key. Thgis was done with this model because the "P" key on it is so hard to access. In that case, the extender has to be activated first for that other key to function as a shift key.
Since you apparantly aren't using the extender, "P" is the shift key, and just press and release it before pressing the base key. If it still doesn't work, review your keymove.
Jim
rgiamp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I stumbled on it soon after I sent the original post but I couldn't get to a computer in time to avoid the embarassment Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: